If you were buying an 8 inch+ bike what would you pick?

PB Forum :: Downhill
If you were buying an 8 inch+ bike what would you pick?
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: May 8, 2010 at 16:32 Quote
hello,
If you were to buy an 8 inch+ DH/FR bike what would you pick? capable of DH races and bike park riding.
(preferably no slacker than 65 degree HT Angle)

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 16:51 Quote
I would be caught between either a K9 frame, superco DH frame or a BMW.

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 17:07 Quote
glory, demo 8, gambler, or a dakkar bam i think thats about all i would get for bike park/race bike

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 17:37 Quote
session88,demo,V10,supreme,stab,legendMKIII,Wilson,Tr450 dude theres too much to choose if you want to buy a new one ..but for the price .mongoose boot'r seems the best for your wallet and its ROMO-PROVEN

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 17:44 Quote
I'm a big fan of the demo line just cause they're bombproof. they have good geometry and pretty decent parts too. Also can't go wrong with a newer A-line ( '06 or newer). Mongooses are all right, I believe they're relatively new to the non-WalMart-bike market,soooo...idk. I won't say they're bad but there's other choices out there

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 18:22 Quote
Cove STD, its the true 'standard' by which everything else is measured.

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 20:04 Quote
northwestdhdad wrote:
Cove STD, its the true 'standard' by which everything else is measured.

Cool bit of info, and nice plug for Cove, but doesn't the STD only have 7.5 inches of travel?

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 21:10 Quote
RyanSnook wrote:
banshee wildcard
thats not 8 inches

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 21:17 Quote
do you mean a dh bike or fr because fr bikes i like a little shorter travel-- i really like banshees wildcards, transition bottlerockets and knolly deliriums

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 21:17 Quote
dude go with the session88 fr-- i forgot about that it looks siiick

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 21:29 Quote
I have an 07 A-Line and it is a great bike. I give it hell and it is relatively fast through everything, soaks up big rock pools like nothing.

You won't go wrong with anything from the Norco DH/FR range. Although some of the other bikes are better, I'm just vouching for the guy who suggested A-Line.

Mines getting too small for me as I have grown about 5 inches since I bought it and am about 6"2 and mine is a size small, when I have the money it will be getting sold and replaced with either a Glory or a Demo 8.

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 21:42 Quote
glory dh w/ 2011 boxxers

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 22:01 Quote
santa cruz vp-free, great bike (I have ridden many different bikes and my vp-free has impressed me more than any of the others)

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 22:03 Quote
comoxfreerider wrote:
glory dh w/ 2011 boxxers

for dh bikes giant and mongoose are the best for their price i say

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011640
Mobile Version of Website