Specialized Enduro vs. Titus El Guapo Crank it up vs. SC Nomad

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Specialized Enduro vs. Titus El Guapo Crank it up vs. SC Nomad
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 11:54 Quote
Im looking to purchase two new bikes. One of them will be a DH rig and I am pretty solid on those choices. The other; however, will be an all mountain rig. I am looking at the 2010 Specialized Enduro ( possibly S-works), the Titus El- Guapo Crank it up edition and the Santa Cruz Nomad ( possibly carbon, possibly not.). I have looked into all three of these bikes to a great extent and have concluded that no matter what choice I make, I will still need to spend at least some money to make it the way "I want it." I am looking for a bike that truly will "do it all." Be it, cross country climbing to ruts and roots dodging while bombing down a mt. Any and all advice that would aid my decision making process would be appreciated. Thanks. CASEY.

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 at 12:54 Quote
I've only ridden the spesh, so I can't speak for the others, but I REALLY liked the enduro.
A couple notes on the enduro...

1) Steep head angle(66.5 degrees)-Front end tends to wander a little on steep climbs, especially with the non-travel adjust fork. On the other hand, this steep head angle makes this bike MUCH better on the downhills. I found that I really liked this aspect of the bike and it made it much more fun to ride. Also, the model I rode (enduro carbon pro) is very light, so I found that the steep head angle doesn't really matter on climbs.

2) Jumps well. The enduro felt stable and predictable in the air, and wanted to pop off every little lip.

3) This thing rails berms. The low bb and active suspension makes you want to push it harder and harder into corners.

Hope that helps!

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
@ dirtmonkey1: You mean slack head angle...

Posted: Jul 14, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
Thanks man, I appreciate it

Posted: Jul 15, 2010 at 0:13 Quote
You might also want to consider the Trek Remedy. I have owned the Enduro, and demo'ed the titus and SC. The Titus didn't climb well and the SC always felt a bit tall and awkward... I jumped on the remedy and it all felt perfect. I guess it's just personal preference, but I still like my Remedy.

Posted: Jul 15, 2010 at 10:49 Quote
I think you would be happy with any of these bikes. Pretty much all of the new all mountain bikes these days will perform very well. I recomend looking at the little details of the bike and deciding which would suit your riding best.

Posted: May 25, 2011 at 16:46 Quote
it may be too late but what about a Giant Reign or Reign X?

Posted: May 27, 2011 at 20:50 Quote
I know its not one of your choices but I was in the same position as you. I ended up building a Banshee Rune after reading a lot of positive reviews from multiple sources. Its internally ribbed aluminum, pedals well but but can handle light to medium FR/DH. I just got done building mine up and it comes in at 33.4 pounds and is well built. Just a thought.

Posted: May 27, 2011 at 20:52 Quote
I should have looked at the dates, this is ooooold..my bad.

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 10:04 Quote
lock-n-load wrote:
You might also want to consider the Trek Remedy. I have owned the Enduro, and demo'ed the titus and SC. The Titus didn't climb well and the SC always felt a bit tall and awkward... I jumped on the remedy and it all felt perfect. I guess it's just personal preference, but I still like my Remedy.

seconded...

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 at 14:38 Quote
I've got the Enduro Pro -- carbon but not S-Works and it's my favorite bike EVER, and I've had a lot over the years. The only thing it seems to not do well is pay for itself, as it was kinda spendy. Other than that though, it's a dreamride man, go for it!

Posted: Jun 16, 2011 at 9:05 Quote
Add vs. Ibis mojo hd to that. Look it up it will make you happy.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.057122
Mobile Version of Website