Trail Building Calgary and area

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Trail Building Calgary and area
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 13:35 Quote
photo
Thanks to Chris Wells , Don Murat and Curtis the teeter works wicked i could not have gotten it sweet with out u guys. The people out yesterday didn't need free beer or hot dogs to make it WORTH it Because building is its own reward. Cheers to all the builders out yesterday!!!!! There needs to be a plan for next trail day so if there are not the best conditions , people that would like to tough it out with the hard core's can . I talk to at least six people that were out just for fun that would have built if we could come up with work for them. If there is a plan let me know. I have a few thing i need to finish on "That Whore" that could be added to the plan. P.S. if the road opens next week but the trails are muddy and still have snow on them PLEASE Don't ride the shit out of them , one week end could make a lot of difference between ruts and wash board and erosion. Once the road opens its a free for all. we can only control this as a community Respect to the trails.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 8:34 Quote
Good thread idea.

Here's the last interesting stuff I did. It's going to replace old "Hiccups" on ROS. I'm hoping riders use the new "easy" way around that is clearly marked for now until this is done.
photo

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 9:11 Quote
i like the ripped supports much better use of wood. as for your huge skinny on Bd let me know and i will round up my buddy's and we will help u move it. may be on the 29th l8r.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 19:16 Quote
New dirt jump line on poacher . Just the landings so far to keep down on poachers.
photo
photo
photo

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 8:55 Quote
stickclip wrote:
New dirt jump line on poacher . Just the landings so far to keep down on poachers.

Cool. How do I procure a trail pass? Need decking?

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 9:03 Quote
Carried some rocks Wednesday evening, and then again yesterday.
Dug some of them in.

Rocks:
photo

Spaceship:
photo

Another angle:
photo

This was Wednesday's work:
photo

hungry bear:
photo

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 9:12 Quote
Great looking rock work J.

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 16:16 Quote
silentj wrote:
stickclip wrote:

Cool. How do I procure a trail pass? Need decking?
no pass needed for a fellow builder i will send you a map

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 9:36 Quote
Yesterday: Hauled in the big saw and whipped this up:
Options looking down:
photo

Booter decked:
photo

Options looking up:
photo

Big Pants line in progress:
photo

Posted: May 30, 2010 at 17:23 Quote
Got started on a new skinny(Fatty)on TW yesterday
photo
I guess that bear that was bugging you the outer day J was still hungry!
photo
The CO shows up and gives us shit for drinking and tells me to leash my dog or he might shoot her. I know he is just doing his job but that said i don't like people with guns the rifle was for the bear but the hand gun is only good for humans. a angry bear isn't packing heat.
photo
Calling this the Tweeker going to need a bigger saw to do the entrance its just to dam big!

Posted: May 31, 2010 at 9:13 Quote
stickclip wrote:
The CO shows up and gives us shit for drinking and tells me to leash my dog or he might shoot her.

Calling this the Tweeker going to need a bigger saw to do the entrance its just to dam big!

He seriously threatened to shoot your dog? wtf.

Nice Fatty! Could put friggin gaps on that thing. Are you just planning on lopping off the rootball? Could you just ride through the roots?

Posted: May 31, 2010 at 9:53 Quote
silentj wrote:
stickclip wrote:
The CO shows up and gives us shit for drinking and tells me to leash my dog or he might shoot her.

He seriously threatened to shoot your dog? wtf.

Nice Fatty! Could put friggin gaps on that thing. Are you just planning on lopping off the rootball? Could you just ride through the roots?
I took of the one on top all ready but i will leave the one on the right(riders) it will need a ride on so i'm going to use a skinny to filter it a little i don't want newbies on there it has to be 15 ft to the ground if you come off the left side.

Posted: May 31, 2010 at 9:55 Quote
yea if Rogue got out in front the co was worried she would bring the bear towards us.

Posted: May 31, 2010 at 9:56 Quote
Off to maclean need to do some dirt work. Hope i don't slide off the road this time!

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 8:45 Quote
photo
Yesterdays slog through the muck.
photo
Looking good can't wait till they dry up a bit.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023558
Mobile Version of Website