Trail Building Calgary and area

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Trail Building Calgary and area
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 10:13 Quote
looks like a good week to get out there and so some tranny repairs....wonder if we'll get any newbies asking to help out over there =)

CM!

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 19:35 Quote
stickclip wrote:
Got started on a new skinny(Fatty)on TW yesterday
photo
I guess that bear that was bugging you the outer day J was still hungry!
photo
The CO shows up and gives us shit for drinking and tells me to leash my dog or he might shoot her. I know he is just doing his job but that said i don't like people with guns the rifle was for the bear but the hand gun is only good for humans. a angry bear isn't packing heat.
photo
Calling this the Tweeker going to need a bigger saw to do the entrance its just to dam big!

Awesome work on the tweaker. Stoked!

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 20:31 Quote
Got the landing for the Seismic gap ruffed in and a run in bank corner.
photo
photo
There are a few stumps i thought i would leave them for Don
photo
I thought at first i left the lids open and split all my gas and oil , turns out a crazy gas huffing critter needed a fix. Maybe we can get these junkies strung out a little and train them to keep poachers off the trails, we'll pay them in mixed gas and gold spray paint!

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 16:54 Quote
The run on is rocked just needs a little rain to bring them out.
photo
The new drop it looks a little lopsided i plan to use some cross bracing to trick the eye. Wink
photo
Dragged my buddy out Steve the "Griz".
photo
It needs a few supports and some slats but other than that shes crispy.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 22:08 Quote
I think my trick worked!
photo
The decking cut well after i got my saw sharp.
photo
The problem with jumps like this is you never know if they will work till you see them come to form.
photo
I think these will flow.
photo

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 at 6:55 Quote
Hey Cory, do drive all you posts in "death spike" style?

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 at 7:33 Quote
silentj wrote:
yup even the big ones a little hole to start and remove rocks then hit it with a big sledge to seat it.

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 at 8:00 Quote
stickclip wrote:
silentj wrote:
yup even the big ones a little hole to start and remove rocks then hit it with a big sledge to seat it.

Works so nice.....life changed when i started pounding spikes. Framing got alot faster....now if only we could figure a gas charged spike pounder......J, i was trying out your no notch shave on some supports yesterday....I likes!

CM!

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 at 8:34 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
stickclip wrote:
silentj wrote:

Works so nice.....life changed when i started pounding spikes. Framing got alot faster....now if only we could figure a gas charged spike pounder......J, i was trying out your no notch shave on some supports yesterday....I likes!

CM!

Yeah, the no-notch works good. No "stress risers" so to speak.

I've been resistant to pounding posts...mostly because I tend to A.D.D. all over the friggin mountain and don't want to be carrying a sledge around - beer is heavy enough!! Don't you hit rocks all the damn time? I think I'd still dig holes on Billy Dog as there's two feet of duff on top of the good soil that wouldn't hold anything: Dig hole, place post, backfill with good clay type soil. Maybe a combo?

Oh yeah...how's the creek at Moose right now?

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 at 8:54 Quote
silentj wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:
stickclip wrote:

CM!

Yeah, the no-notch works good. No "stress risers" so to speak.

I've been resistant to pounding posts...mostly because I tend to A.D.D. all over the friggin mountain and don't want to be carrying a sledge around - beer is heavy enough!! Don't you hit rocks all the damn time? I think I'd still dig holes on Billy Dog as there's two feet of duff on top of the good soil that wouldn't hold anything: Dig hole, place post, backfill with good clay type soil. Maybe a combo?

Oh yeah...how's the creek at Moose right now?

I usually dig a hole get it deep, then pound in the post after that, then backfill and pack. Makes for one strong ass support. Bit of extra work but works like a charm. I am trying these days to do a lot less ADD'ing myself around. I have a set of wood tools and a set of dirt tools. I try to keep myself to two projects at a time, otherwise i run into tool issues and i loose my shit all over the place. If i'm organised enough then all i have to carry in is a chainsaw and backpack full of beer and spikes.....BTW i still got lots of spikes for you....

CM!

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 at 9:09 Quote
"I've been resistant to pounding posts...mostly because I tend to A.D.D. all over the friggin mountain and don't want to be carrying a sledge around - beer is heavy enough!! Don't you hit rocks all the damn time? I think I'd still dig holes on Billy Dog as there's two feet of duff on top of the good soil that wouldn't hold anything: Dig hole, place post, backfill with good clay type soil. Maybe a combo?"

You will need to dig in maclean to understand how sweet the ground real is. If you do manage to hit a rock well move a little and pound it harder.

This may be my last weekend working on trails for a while beers at maclean on sat if your up for it and lots of mud to move!!!!!!

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 at 22:04 Quote
The oil and gas was annoying but this sucks!
photo
Moving mud with out the wheelbarrow blows.
photo
Mud rocks repeat.
photo
New whacker .
photo
I over filled the landing.
photo

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 at 22:26 Quote
stickclip wrote:
The oil and gas was annoying but this

A bear ate my oil over the last week too. Bastards!! Spread my nails all over up in the show as well. That sucked.

Posted: Jun 7, 2010 at 8:31 Quote
Alright, y'all have convinced me. I'ma pick up one of these.

Posted: Jun 7, 2010 at 15:43 Quote
silentj wrote:
Alright, y'all have convinced me. I'ma pick up one of these.
i have used one before there great!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021308
Mobile Version of Website