what bike to get? im stuck

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
what bike to get? im stuck
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 15:49 Quote
I'm stuck in between two different bikes to get. I'm looking for a DH bike that can handle dirt jumps, drops, but can climb not too bad.

2006 Specialized Big Hit and a 2004 Ellsworth Joker

Big Hit Specs:

holifeler cranks, gt pedals, deore derailure, shimano shifter, 9.0 back wheel, lazer disc front wheel, junior t pro dual crown forks, hayes sol brakes, fox vanilla rear shock

Joker Specs:

hayes nines w/203mm rotor up front, 2004 Junior T up front and Fox Van R in rear, it has a new swing arm, new shimano hone cranks and new bottom bracket

What do you all think? I've been stuck on this dilemma for hours.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 16:00 Quote
if you want a bike that can do all of the above, dont get a bighit or the joker, get a more "mini dh" bike not a 5 year old frame with a mishmash of xc and dh parts. Look into the giant reign x, or a iron horse 6 or 7 point. Also the newer the frames get, the generally more advanced the suspension disign is, meaning more room for longer travel, and good pedal compliance.. please, stray away from those 2 bikes..

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 16:16 Quote
I understand newer technology is better, but i dont have the money to spend on a newer bike, i looked around for a 7 point 7, and (I found this https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/584269/) but it is still 2005.

I simply just don't have the money for a $1700-$2200 bike.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 16:19 Quote
f*ckin A, nvm thats just the frame.

I have never really downhilled before as I have been BMXing for the past like 4 years of my life, dirt jumping and park, and I also road bike. I want to get into downhilling, so for a starting bike for someone who will pick up DHing and freeriding fairly quickly, what would be a good choice? I am really interested in the DH racing aspect, I like going fasssst and jumping of stuff, so basically thats what I'm looking to do.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 16:19 Quote
look at the sette flite, its 1200? right now usd, and has a very similar design to the 7 points linkage. A good light freeride, mini dh build too..

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 16:21 Quote
7point7 is a great bike, i had one and i got it for 1200. good for freeride and DH, but can still climb quite well

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 16:36 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/602216/

2005 Santa Cruz Bullit?

O+
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 19:01 Quote
swenson, the full bike is $1200 if im not mistaken. If you think that is way too much for a well pedaling dh bike, your in water over your head.. Confused

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008325
Mobile Version of Website