RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.

PB Forum :: Downhill
RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.
Previous Page |
Posted: May 10, 2010 at 14:54 Quote
This thread is a Rate My Ride Section for DH

The scores are counted out of 10 & a comment with suggestion is needed for the rates

example; 8/10 "Good but needs Boxxers"

---RATE THE BIKE WHICH POSTED ABOVE YOU---

Spec Included If Possible

Thread Rules:
1. Stay on track, try not to go off-topic.
2. No bashing other users.
3. No random posts or pictures.
4. No spamming (this includes one-word posts/ "jotnote" posts)
5. No linking to distasteful websites
6. No swearing
7. No flaming
8. No distasteful pictures
9. No vulgar posts, no nudity, no rude, crude or obscene pictures
10. No discussing about torrents/other forms of piracy
11. No feeding trolls/inappropriate posts
12. No talking about illicit/illegal activity

My 08 kona stinky, obviously nothing like a standard one Big Grin
Rides like a dream, huge improvement from stock parts.

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 14:59 Quote
Nice stinky there, bet those up grades have helped. Bet those 40's make a nice controlled front end. Nice felt, how does that handle uk DH courses?

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:02 Quote
prudent wrote:
Nice stinky there, bet those up grades have helped. Bet those 40's make a nice controlled front end. Nice felt, how does that handle uk DH courses?

Have only had it for just over a week but no complants yet. I love it.

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:04 Quote

here is my beat of a norco....

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:04 Quote
I'm going to go ahead and post my bike again. Its never been rated before.

The only form of racing it does is downhill. It is used for climbing and all mountain purposes, but it races in intemediate class, so I guess its a downhill bike.

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:07 Quote
thrice wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and post my bike again. Its never been rated before.

The only form of racing it does is downhill. It is used for climbing and all mountain purposes, but it races in intemediate class, so I guess its a downhill bike.

i will give you a 9 mate.. As i know where your coming from my felt is not a full out dh rig as i do need to climb sometimes and when i just pissing around in the woods. Liking the colour 2 Smile

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:08 Quote
Nice nomad, thats the next bike im looking to get. How does it handle DH? Av heard they do go through their travel pretty easily. 6/10 norco , 7.5 for the SC

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:10 Quote
ill give the blue bike a 9/10 is it a nomad yeah??

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:12 Quote
Nice modded marin there. Not a fan of the quad link suspension personaly but thats the nicest custom one iv seen. 9/10

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:16 Quote
i will give a 7/10 for a clean looking rig. not the biggest fam of marin's tho but still looking kool.

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:17 Quote
coop83 wrote:
i will give a 7/10 for a clean looking rig. not the biggest fam of marin's tho but still looking kool.

just to add to yours and the above comment would look tones better i reckon with single ring chainguide, small derailleur and a slim seat such as ifly, which hopefully will all be my next upgrades

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:19 Quote
to mongoose, I'll give you an 8, I like the air shock, but am not a fan of the boxxer.

coop, that sounds just about right. Its a bike I can use all week to get some excersize and then race it downhill on weekends.

prudent, I have no problems with it going through the travel quickly. In fact just the oposite, it has a bottom out control and tons of adjustments on the RC4. It pedals great without pro pedal. It is not so good with small bump sensitivity, and I have had a hard time getting used to it. Our courses get crazy steep sometimes, and It feels a little odd on those segments, other than that, it does handle quite well to be a 6 inch bike. Still, I think the Giant Reign X would handle loads better, to be honest I just went with the SC for the looks. It gets me motivated to go out and ride.

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:21 Quote
mongoose-rider wrote:
coop83 wrote:

just to add to yours and the above comment would look tones better i reckon with single ring chainguide, small derailleur and a slim seat such as ifly, which hopefully will all be my next upgrades

yeah defo mate Smile i do like your forks tho!! how she ride? thinking abt it i should not say i aint a fan of marins its been bloody years sence i last rode one. but she is a clean looking ride Smile

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:23 Quote
ok guys what do you think of this beast
my new transition tr450

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 15:24 Quote
it rides wonderfully now with the boxxer also dont know how or why but given me a huge boost on confidence as in doing stuff i wouldnt do before and all together being quicker. feels like it anyway, also first ride out bring bike back to put in boot and the maxle nit or whatever rounds off so ive had to order the inner things for the maxle lol

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040132
Mobile Version of Website