RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.

PB Forum :: Downhill
RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.
Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:47 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
marcusd09 wrote:
A big fan of the colour way on the Kona 8.5/10

Heres my custom Transition TR500 still needs a few bits but getting there.

photo

Custom paintshop- or is this a new colour?

Otherwise very sick 9/10

Custom bro had it sand blasted and then powder coated NATO GREEN then ordered a matt orange decal kit.

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 2:01 Quote
8/10 for the Tranny TR500, always liked those frames, but I see enough green at work.......

Here is my Morewood Makulu, which due to me having a busted wrist, is slowly receiving a make over.

Stripped and polished ten clear coated the frame. Ordered some Spank Spoon wheels for a 27.5" conversion, Dorado's going in for a full service in the next few weeks for a factory tune and new brakes coming (currently on Shimano SLX's which have worked OK until I broke myself racing BMX). Also have a mate making some repro Morewood stickers for the updated colour scheme.

Pic of the painted frame (ghetto rattle canned job) is mocked up with a mates E13 27.5" wheels.

27.5 mock up....I like it.

photo

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 9:26 Quote
8/10 for the makulu, I have always liked it very much. Would be killer with fluo orange sticker. Nice work indeed.
Here's my wilson although now it has different stem, bar and rear rim. I run air front and rear and having ridden coil until now I can say I love air suspensions.

photo

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
ORTOGONAL555 wrote:
8/10 for the makulu, I have always liked it very much. Would be killer with fluo orange sticker. Nice work indeed.
Here's my wilson although now it has different stem, bar and rear rim. I run air front and rear and having ridden coil until now I can say I love air suspensions.

photo

Anything to make a Wilson more playful. I rode the last 26" version and was blown away by how planted and stable it was; also blown away by how hard it was to get that thing airborne. The guy who owned it was like "If you can hit all the jumps on this thing you would have to be haulin ass. Makes you go faster"

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 1:39 Quote
marcusd09 wrote:
NotNamed wrote:
marcusd09 wrote:
A big fan of the colour way on the Kona 8.5/10

Heres my custom Transition TR500 still needs a few bits but getting there.

photo

Custom paintshop- or is this a new colour?

Otherwise very sick 9/10

Custom bro had it sand blasted and then powder coated NATO GREEN then ordered a matt orange decal kit.

Very cool- sadly I had to sell my raw banana because it was too small- but was lots of fun

Devinci gets a 9/10- always likes those frames.
photo

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 14:52 Quote
Anything to make a Wilson more playful. I rode the last 26" version and was blown away by how planted and stable it was; also blown away by how hard it was to get that thing airborne. The guy who owned it was like "If you can hit all the jumps on this thing you would have to be haulin ass. Makes you go faster"[/Quote]
I have to admit that it tends to soak up every jump. You could try to run a little less dampening

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 at 0:24 Quote
Solid 8/10 for the tranny, love how fast those things look, sick paint job too!

Just got my 2018 session 9.9 built up, here she is
My 2018 trek session 9.9
2018 trek session 9.9

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 19:57 Quote
looks like a session Big Grin Thats a really sick looking bike! I give her a 9.5/10 only reason i docked .5 was because im personally not a huge fan of anodized chainrings and prefer a black chainring, rest of the bike is ace!

here is my Kona session 2014
photo
photo
photo
photo

im planning on sram gx dh drivetrain, custom spank spike 33 wheelset with purple hope hub and kawasaki green spokes and to finish it all off a vivid r2c2 with a green titanium spring

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 20:03 Quote
hows the headtube doing

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 12:03 Quote
kona session huh?

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 13:32 Quote
blob425 wrote:
looks like a session Big Grin Thats a really sick looking bike! I give her a 9.5/10 only reason i docked .5 was because im personally not a huge fan of anodized chainrings and prefer a black chainring, rest of the bike is ace!

photo
photo
photo
photo

im planning on sram gx dh drivetrain, custom spank spike 33 wheelset with purple hope hub and kawasaki green spokes and to finish it all off a vivid r2c2 with a green titanium spring

spank 33s would look really good on there! green rims or black with green writing? I just built a set of the bearclaw stealth 33s and am pretty happy with them

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 2:21 Quote
blob425 wrote:

photo
photo
photo
photo

bike looks great as it is, be careful not to ruin it! i'd say black spokes, black rims with subtle green decals and green hubs would be far classier!

bike gets a 9/10 from me in its current guise, love the operator!

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 3:44 Quote
That Kona is mint (no pun intended)

I'd echo Bobj and say don't over do it. Made that mistake myself before and had to dial it back a bit.

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 4:28 Quote
9.5/10 for that Operator! Looks like a great ride, i am fan of Konas!
my bike

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 4:52 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
That Kona is mint (no pun intended)

I'd echo Bobj and say don't over do it. Made that mistake myself before and had to dial it back a bit.

Exactly as the last two stated, it's looks awesome as in and too much green will kill it. The spank 33s with green decals would set it off perfectly though.
I had a darkside and went too far with blue accents :wheels, crank, bars etc. And it ended up being too much

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.065075
Mobile Version of Website