RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.

PB Forum :: Downhill
RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.
Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 5:07 Quote
staikeinthahood wrote:
chazdog wrote:
8/10 not a marzocchi fan after my rocco blew up, but for some reason i think they look really good on norco frames! could use a little more colour imo

not getting a bash on mine, i like my e13 chainring on show Razz plus there are no rocks where i ride really and im a sad weight weenie type

Yeah, what I'm talking about is the same setup as I have: https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5993688/ Or the more expensive LG1+ which wheighs next to nothing.

i just got one from superstar, like an lg1 without the taco, for £35.00 in the sale. pretty pleased Smile

will also tinker with my chainline to see if i can put a short cage on the xt shadow, i cant atm without moving the 5 speed casette further along the freehub body. hard to explain unless youve taken a few mechs apart and realise the shadow cage is different to give more clearance and a regular one wont fit; as it hits the mech stopping it moving to the smallest cogs. if i move the cassette this stops being an issue as the mech doesnt need to go into that range of its movement. Razz

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 5:15 Quote

Taken a few months ago when I first got it,
removed the mud guard for summer, looks wayyyy better.
Big Grin

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 9:00 Quote
ooo i'll go with 8/10 Razz quite like it Big Grin

my bike since july last year Smile

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 10:45 Quote
Just got a new bike, what do you all think? I think the color scheme turned out pretty nice looking!

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 11:01 Quote
your supposed to rate the bike above your post..

and 9.5/10 for you Razz

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 11:14 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:
your supposed to rate the bike above your post..

and 9.5/10 for you Razz

Sorry!

The Commencal is a pretty bike, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10, becuase I'm not a fan of black rims, or the all black Marzocchi fork. I'm sure then might ride perfectly, but in terms of looks, they hold the bike back.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 11:15 Quote
aye the lowers are going white in the near future Smile

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 11:27 Quote
Thats a nice transition there man, lovin' the yellow. 9/10.
Heres my ride. Kona Stinky 08 which has had over £500 of upgrades recently and it's going a lot better than the stock version!!!
cheers Big Grin

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 11:33 Quote
i would have to give that a 7/10 not bad, im just not a fan of the frame. Sure its a fun bike though.
here's my podium, still have some parts on order for it. it's sitting at 38.8 lbs

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 11:33 Quote
z-man wrote:
i would have to give that a 7/10 not bad, im just not a fan of the frame. Sure its a fun bike though.
here's my podium, still have some parts on order for it. it's sitting at 38.8 lbs

9.5/10 still unsre of the frames Razz

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 14:43 Quote
IF that demo was in green and black 10/10 Big Grin

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 14:44 Quote
i think it looks better in red and black

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 14:46 Quote
one thing i can say is, a 5 yr old mobile phone camera doesnt do it any justice Big Grin

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 15:23 Quote
8/10 for the demo, looks pretty darn good,
just cant give a ten as then you cant ever get better if you get me Wink
a ti spring would be good too!

heres mine

spec:

sx trail 2 2010
fox dhx rc4
fox van 36 rc2
sram x0
dt swiss rims on red hope pro 2s
stratiline pedels
kmc gold chain

soon to have as of next week
Fox 180mm van rc2
ti rear spring

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 19:58 Quote
Very nice i give it a 9/10. The ti spring will make it even nicer!!!

Heres my 1st DH/freeride-ish bike. Specs on request. Not shown in the pictures is the X9 rear derailleur I got for christmas!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039378
Mobile Version of Website