RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.

PB Forum :: Downhill
RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.
Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 2:49 Quote
krisboats wrote:
ThEGr33k wrote:
krisboats wrote:

6.75/10
Could have dropped your top crown down and fit a decent stem and riser bars with room to spare. Also whats with the top crown vampire teeth thing you've got going on.

I kept the crown high to keep as much strength in the forks as I can (probably unnecessarily but why not), also some slight marks where they are from 4 years of use so might as well keep wear to the specific place.

The zero mount, and vampire teeth as you call them are both part of the same experiment, see if a zero (more 10mm stem but heh) stem works. The Zero come with spacers to higher and lower the mount. I had took them out so the bolts had some extra length.

I guess the flat bar and Zero stem just isn't to everyone's taste so there is no winning with that one. Strange how much fashion there is in such a adrenaline sport. ha. Something I never appreciated till pinkbike! For me function over form is priority and I'm not scared to try things that seem unfashionable. Shame it screws any score for style ha ha.

Yeah but on a downhill bike you aren't sitting down so top tube length isn't really a problem. Reach is far more important (the distance from bb to handlebars) and you've made yours really high and close together horizontally, where as dropping the top crown down and fitting a longer stem will give you a similar reach but in a more comfortable attack position instead of standing straighter up.

But then that would require showing some clamp marks on the stanchions... but function over fashion hey. lol

ha ha fair point. It was more that I'd rather not make any more marks than seeing the current ones though, also as I say the longer the lever (higher the crown) the stronger they are... Smile The straight bar takes out any height increase. I am about the same as I would be with lower crown and standard riser bars.

Fair point on the reach vs sitting, I have put my 50mil stem back on to see how it goes.

BeaverCreaker wrote:
ThEGr33k wrote:
Put a flat bar on there. Always makes a DH bike look a bit different!

Phoenix 8.5/10. Like the frame and most of the build!

8.5/10

I like mondrakers a lot.

Thankyou, glad someone does! Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 3:07 Quote
Id love a mondraker or a lapierre dh 920 frame. two of the cleanest looking frames.

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 3:21 Quote
7/10 for the Mondraker. I like the frame, just not some of the kit on it.

Here's my Orange 224 EVO.
My Orange 224 EVO ready for Wales next weekend. Lets be havin ya

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 3:27 Quote
GaryOrange5 wrote:

8.5/10, love Oranges and especially this one! The frame looks a bit too glossy for me and almost looks dark purple. Colour co-ordination looks spot on and components are great, gorgeous bike Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 3:28 Quote
AlKalone wrote:
GaryOrange5 wrote:

8.5/10, love Oranges and especially this one! The frame looks a bit too glossy for me and almost looks dark purple. Colour co-ordination looks spot on and components are great, gorgeous bike Smile

I'll find a close up of the paint work and you'll see why...

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 3:31 Quote
AlKalone wrote:
GaryOrange5 wrote:

This is why...

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 3:33 Quote
GaryOrange5 wrote:
AlKalone wrote:
GaryOrange5 wrote:

This is why...

Yeah, I thought that was the case Razz . Very cool paint job but if it was my bike I'd have the frame black, personally Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 3:40 Quote
AlKalone wrote:
GaryOrange5 wrote:
AlKalone wrote:

This is why...

Yeah, I thought that was the case Razz . Very cool paint job but if it was my bike I'd have the frame black, personally Smile
I brought the frame off eBay, thought it was black. Was surprised when I opened the box, I prefer this to black. Too many all black bikes around Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 3:52 Quote
GaryOrange5 wrote:
AlKalone wrote:
GaryOrange5 wrote:

This is why...

I brought the frame off eBay, thought it was black. Was surprised when I opened the box, I prefer this to black. Too many all black bikes around Smile

True true, it's something different and it's pretty cool Wink Love the purple accents and Hope bits too

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 3:58 Quote
10/10 for the 224 Big Grin

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 6:12 Quote
The frame is just.. 11/10! Holy crap, i love that! Makes the bike 12/10! Hope.. Saint.. Ehhrmagaawdd. Great bike, Sir!7

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 11:48 Quote
I don't like Orange bikes, 5/10. They are so ugly for me.

Mondraker is nice 8/10 because flat handlebars (I don't like them). Summum was my best bike, but my frame cracked near headtube :/

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 12:44 Quote
Also - Mondraker 8/10 - i don't know why, but i love Mondraker! They just.. i don't now, i just like how they look. Would love to test-ride one!

Here's my (hopefully) now completely finished Demo 8 1 Carbon! Worked my ass off on that thing. Changed a lot of things, changed the changed things again, and the changed of the changed change change changed.

Specialized Demo 8 FSR 1 Carbon RockShox Boxxer with a FAST CO3 Cartridge hlins TTx22m Shock SRAM X9 Shifter and Derailleur Shimano Saint Brakes with XT IceTech Rotors S-Works DH Carbon Bar with Enduro Lock-on Grips by Specialized Truvativ Descendant Crank with the e 13 LG1 Turbo ChainGuid incl. Bashguard Roval Rims on Specialized HiLo Hubs Tiagra 11-25 Cassette Decals by N meth L szl

Here's a Partlist of it:
Frame: Specialized Demo 8 Carbon (2013, 1 Model)
Shock: Öhlins TTx22m (Spring: 457lbs/in)
Fork: Rock Shox Boxxer (FAST CO3 Cartridge, Red Spring)
Stem: Specialized Direct Mount (with Gold KCNC Spacer)
Bar: S-Works DH Carbon (780mm)
Grips: Specialized Enduro Lock On (with Gold Lockrings)
Brakes: Shimano Saint (XT IceTech Rotors, F: 203mm, R: 180mm)
Derailleur: SRAM X9 Type 2 (10spd, with Gold KCNC JockeyWheels)
Shifter: SRAM X9 (10spd; want a X0, because i don't like the feeling of how it 'shifts')
Cassette: Shimano Tiagra (10spd, 11-25t)
Chain: KMC X10
Crank: SRAM Descendant (PF30)
Chainguide: e*13 LG1+ Turbo (incl. Bashguard)
Pedals: Specialized Bennies
Rims: Roval DH (32h)
Hubs: Specialized Hi Lo Disc (F: 20mm thru-axle, R: 150x12mm)
Spokes: DT Swiss Ind. (DT Nipples - 16 Black, 14 Gold, 2 Blue on each wheel)
Tires: Specialized Butcher DH 26x2.3"
Saddle: From a Specialized SX Trail (2012)
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Seatpostclamp: Blk/Gold KCNC Clamp

Specialized Demo 8 FSR 1 Carbon RockShox Boxxer with a FAST CO3 Cartridge hlins TTx22m Shock SRAM X9 Shifter and Derailleur Shimano Saint Brakes with XT IceTech Rotors S-Works DH Carbon Bar with Enduro Lock-on Grips by Specialized Truvativ Descendant Crank with the e 13 LG1 Turbo ChainGuid incl. Bashguard Roval Rims on Specialized HiLo Hubs Tiagra 11-25 Cassette Decals by N meth L szl

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 12:44 Quote
dirrrtjump wrote:
The frame is just.. 11/10! Holy crap, i love that! Makes the bike 12/10! Hope.. Saint.. Ehhrmagaawdd. Great bike, Sir!7
Cheers dude Big Grin glad to see some appreciate it around here Big Grin
Has to be Hope through out...hubs, rotors, brakes, headset, stem, seat clamp Big Grin

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036504
Mobile Version of Website