The Official Neck Brace discussion group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official Neck Brace discussion group
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 8:02 Quote
This thread is to talk about neck braces like the Evs,Leatt,Alpinestars and many others.Pictures,info,news,reviews etc can be posted.

Rules:
-No spamming (this includes one-word posts/ "jotnote" posts)
-No linking to distasteful websites
-No swearing
-No flaming
-No distasteful pictures
-No vulgar posts, no nudity, no rude, crude or obscene pictures
-No soliciting in the thread
-No discussing about torrents/other forms of piracy
-No MSN style posts (please use proper words and grammar)
-No feeding trolls/inappropriate posts
-No talking about illicit/illegal activity


People that doesn't follow these rules,will get a bann rigth away.

#USERS all #USERS
#MODS fantaman #MODS

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 8:36 Quote
I'll be keeping an eye on this as when I have some spare cash I'll be looking at getting a neck brace. So far the Alpinestar looks like it does the job well and is cheaper than the Leatt.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 8:42 Quote
yes Alpinestars is a good choice price wise,i head mine but none size fits me so i've got my money back.Please note the Alpinestars is designed to work with the use of a MX helmet,the brace sits allot lower than the Leatt for more clearence.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 8:42 Quote
I will buy a AlpineStars in a few weeks,
Is that a good choice for the money?? I can buy one for less than 200 Euro!

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 8:43 Quote
Mine head costed me with the new straps arround 275 euro.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 8:45 Quote
fantaman wrote:
Mine head costed me with the new straps arround 275 euro

By the bikeshop where I work!

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 8:48 Quote
NS-FreeRider wrote:
fantaman wrote:
Mine head costed me with the new straps arround 275 euro

By the bikeshop where I work!

Great but with discount?,normaly the brace retails for about 249 euro.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 8:49 Quote
fantaman wrote:
yes Alpinestars is a good choice price wise,i head mine but none size fits me so i've got my money back.Please note the Alpinestars is designed to work with the use of a MX helmet,the brace sits allot lower than the Leatt for more clearence.

Would using a 661 Evo helmet cause any problems as it'll be smaller than a MX helmet?

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 8:56 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
fantaman wrote:
yes Alpinestars is a good choice price wise,i head mine but none size fits me so i've got my money back.Please note the Alpinestars is designed to work with the use of a MX helmet,the brace sits allot lower than the Leatt for more clearence.

Would using a 661 Evo helmet cause any problems as it'll be smaller than a MX helmet?

Yes too much clearence,the MX helmet is bigger in size so it has the rigth amount of clearence due that the brace sits lower.I noticed that between the Leatt and Alpinestars to see which has the best clearence and the Alpinestars was better.

The Leatt Brace is great for the helmets like the 661 evo and many other DH helmets,for my MX helmet i probally need the Low profile padding so my MX helmet can work best if i wanted.

Alpinestars recommends using the MX helmet for their brace

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 9:27 Quote
Rode in a freind of mines leatt with a moto lid on and it was amazing kept me looking forwards on runs and the added chest straps what a bonus!
tup

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 9:33 Quote
Which neck barce or helmet?

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 9:36 Quote
both or just the neck brace model

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 9:38 Quote
Um it was the basic leatt from last year and the helmet is a fox v1 pilot.

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 9:55 Quote
I just bought the special blend alpinestar brace, i like it, but i had to modify the back plate so it would actually touch my back.

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013600
Mobile Version of Website