Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group
Posted: May 23, 2013 at 20:31 Quote
My new hornet. Some old parts thrown on for now. Need new brakes and a rear tyre for starters.

Posted: May 23, 2013 at 22:38 Quote
to be honest im not sure if a 10 spd setup would work cleanly, I've not had anyone use it yet, most have been using 9 speed setups with a 12-up cassette. I know some guys have had issues with getting enough movement out of the derailleurs with the aftermarket derailleur hanger, tis something to be wary of. My 8 speed one just had enough action in it to get the range, but it was very close.

eg. unable to get it into lowest gear (closest to wheel)

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 9:54 Quote
Hi! My brand new Wish...

Custom build and custom fork cartidges.

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 11:45 Quote
Looks playful! I'd strip some decals though

Posted: Jun 18, 2013 at 3:57 Quote
2013 Dartmoor wish with X-fusion and dartmoor kitout and XT 2 x 10 drive train

i see we are all mounting front derailleurs on them, and seen a few various solutions to the outer cable ending. i've got a clear polycarb mount being made up.

and for those guys with gears on shines, i know a few of you were struggling with 9 spd setups. We've got it sorted with a mid-cage XT derailleur and a 11-34 cassette, dont think we could get a 36t to cut the mustard however.

Posted: Jun 18, 2013 at 4:15 Quote
Took the Shine for spin over the hills. I did quite a bit of XC on this bike, what a shredder!

Taking the Dartmoor Shine for a spin on the hills

P.S. your wishes are looking great! How do they ride?

Posted: Jun 18, 2013 at 11:18 Quote
Changed from Totem to Marzo 55cr so the scale is giving me 15.2kg nowadays. Wishes are awesome everything from trails to bikeparks, but

Posted: Jun 18, 2013 at 11:43 Quote
F*cling mobile, drives me nuts! What I meant to say is that they're more of play bikes instead of efficient climbers because of the tight, laid back geo.

Posted: Jun 18, 2013 at 13:04 Quote
I've cut an old front derailleur to fit on the seat tube to end the cable. Works well but I guess I need to change the 36 ring for a 38. 24 is all good for climbing without beeing out of breath!

Posted: Jun 19, 2013 at 1:01 Quote
Dart4X wrote:
I've cut an old front derailleur to fit on the seat tube to end the cable. Works well but I guess I need to change the 36 ring for a 38. 24 is all good for climbing without beeing out of breath!

our first prototype derailleur cable mount didnt want to run a direct mount E-type derailleur and extra converter as its untidy and heavier. this polycarb trick is working superbly tidy up the ends and deeper cable holder and we should sorted Will we will be offering this with both the shines and dartmoor wish bikes for those wanting to run gears. Will be in clear white or black.
knocked this up today for it, works like a dream! bit of refinement for the next bunch and I'll offer them as extras with the wishs/shines in clear/white or black.

Dropper post and mine is pedalling pretty bloody well!

That wish above looks freaking awesome!

Posted: Jun 19, 2013 at 2:06 Quote
Your mod looks dope tup

Posted: Jun 19, 2013 at 9:52 Quote
it also looks like something outta a 3d printer

Posted: Jun 19, 2013 at 11:45 Quote
methdog wrote:
Took the Shine for spin over the hills. I did quite a bit of XC on this bike, what a shredder!

Congrats on your recovering injuries, I hope they're doing good?

That scenery is amazing. I would have killed to ride a place like that.

Posted: Jun 19, 2013 at 15:56 Quote
signorekai wrote:
methdog wrote:

Congrats on your recovering injuries, I hope they're doing good?

That scenery is amazing. I would have killed to ride a place like that.

Thanks man this was tonight's ride:
About to drop in
Love the lakes

Sorry to be off topic Wink

Posted: Jun 19, 2013 at 16:38 Quote
Not mine. Sweet build!
Dartmoor Hornet we built for my girlfriend with the help of parts provided by Fearless Cycles. Rides as good as it looks and has improved my her riding out of sight. Notable parts on build include Race Face Atlas FR Cranks Cane Creek 40 Headset Fox 32 Talas 150 Tapered E Thirteen LG1 Chain Guide SRAM X9 rear mech 10 speed . Avid Elixir 7 Brakes Dartmoor Raider Rims with Vee Oh and X-15 hubs Dartmoor Fever Pedals Dartmoor Funky Stem Dartmoor Nitro Bars.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025203
Mobile Version of Website