Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group
Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 16:07 Quote
hello. sharing my weird hornet 4x Wink
upgarded the wheels and took them out for a spin.

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 1:15 Quote
@ berryz: sounds like you give your frames a hard time haha. Well I've got long legs and a 400mm post leaves more than enough post inserted in the seat tube to minimise risk of cracks from flexing/levering and I can get the full extension on my legs for pedalling. I measured my inside leg and compared with the geo chart to see what length seat post I'd need in addition to the length of the seat tube, to get the right height and ensure enough seatpost was inserted in the tube. Might be worth doing the same comparison for yourself?

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 1:21 Quote
migraineboy1975 wrote:

love the colour, is that available stock or was it a respray? Want to build my Mrs a bike and she's a shorty so needs a max 14" frame. How would you rate the 4x geo for use as light trail duties for a hobbit?

:-D

edit: I see it is a stock colour!

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 3:26 Quote
berryz wrote:
@azura87: Looks awesome, did you hit that jump? Smile
sure i hit it lol
Views: 493    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 3:35 Quote
Yeah its stock hehe. I only have that one bike so ive no basis for comparison . I use this on my trail runs . Its been good so far. Im afraid i may be killing it with the 160mm fork though but its been good hehe

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 5:25 Quote
migraineboy1975 wrote:
upgarded the wheels and took them out for a spin.

Lovely build man!! Respect

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 10:59 Quote
I'd some upgrads Smile

New Stans ZTR Flow EX 2015 rear rim with DT Swiss Revolution spokes, new Shimano RT86 Ice-tec 180mm dics front and rear with new Hope pads, New Sella Italia SLR seat with titanium rails

I think that I will try Maxxis Ardent Race on rear and a Ardent 2.4 on the front, what you think?

Dartmoor Hornet custom painted with a Rockshox Pike RCT3 with maxle stealth and a Reverb Stealth Hope Tech E4 brakes and the FR stem and seat clamp Sram 2015 X01 11speed with the new direct mount chain ring Sram 2015 X0 hubs Stans ZTR FLOW EX 2015 on rear Enve DH carbon handlebar ESI grips Shimano XTR 9020 trail pedals Selle Italia SLR Titanium seat Maxxis Tires MRP AMG chainguide Garmin Edge 510 gps......

Dartmoor Hornet with a Rockshox Pike rct3 and a Reverb Stealth Hope Tech E4 brakes and the FR stem and seat clamp Sram X01 11speed Sram X0 hubs Enve DH carbon handlebar Shimano XTR 9020 trail pedals Selle Italia SLR Titanium seat Maxxis Tires MRP AMG chainguide......

New Saint ICE TEC 180mm dics

The new RockShox Maxle Stealth axle nice and clean

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 12:11 Quote
After 4 years on my Dartmoor wish, I'm finally upgrading. Hoping to get a Dartmoor Wish 2014 frame (have a deal that's too difficult to resist).

Anyone has experience with the Wish as a trail bike?

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 12:32 Quote
I use the 2013 wish (currently selling) I find the frame a but small in length and seat tube height but if you are a smaller rider it should be great. Not the best climber but is great on the descents and jumps.

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 19:02 Quote
Anyone here know if there's any adapters for the Revolt front hub, currents it's 20mm but looking at getting a fork with a 15mm axle and don't really want to buy a new one as I've got the jet fuel hub without brake mounts. would it be possible to get a sleeve made up and shave 5mm of each end if adapters are not available?

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 23:57 Quote
bikes4evr wrote:
Anyone here know if there's any adapters for the Revolt front hub, currents it's 20mm but looking at getting a fork with a 15mm axle and don't really want to buy a new one as I've got the jet fuel hub without brake mounts. would it be possible to get a sleeve made up and shave 5mm of each end if adapters are not available?

Depends on whether the fork can accept the outer 20mm caps where those would slide into the forks usual recesses for the caps.

Posted: Jul 15, 2015 at 2:36 Quote
Anybody in the group ride a ghetto?

Posted: Jul 15, 2015 at 5:33 Quote
Would the hornet frame crack if I would put a 203 mm fork on it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018959
Mobile Version of Website