Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group
Posted: May 22, 2018 at 13:59 Quote
jerryhazard wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:
Nice pic's..Can you post a pic of your bike..?

Dartmoor Hornet Albuquerque NM

Dartmoor Hornet Gutierrez Canyon New Mexico

Looks great..Thanks.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 6:11 Quote
Guys i can't choose for Rim size... i think i wanne run 2.6 tires on my hornet and i dont know if i should choose 30mm or 35mm inner rim size.. Thinkin of the Hope DH or Hope 35W

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 7:48 Quote
Do you guys run 30mm or 35mm rims?

O+
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 10:51 Quote
eltitorito wrote:

If you're planning on 2.6" tires I wouldn't go wider than 30mm inner. I'd say go to the 35mm inner for 2.8 and up

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 11:57 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
eltitorito wrote:

If you're planning on 2.6" tires I wouldn't go wider than 30mm inner. I'd say go to the 35mm inner for 2.8 and up

What are u running on your hornet ryan? i only need to pick my wheelset now the rest is on it's way. Im thinking of the Hope 35w set or the Hope DH set or Hope hubs with a different rim from CRC.com. Should i go + tire or not.. hmm i thaught that 2.5/2.6 was nice in the middle.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 11:59 Quote
i need to get my wheels and tires sorted, tips and suggestions are more than welcome!

O+
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 12:07 Quote
My spank spike 33s are 28mm inner and I have magic Mary front rock razor rear both 2.35 as they've been my favourite combo on previous bikes. I'd like to try the same tires in 2.6 but these are new so will have to wait to go bigger

I'm new to aggressive hard tails too and have only had FS before this hornet

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 12:28 Quote
Had anybody ever used a Dartmoor Micron stem?

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 12:33 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
My spank spike 33s are 28mm inner and I have magic Mary front rock razor rear both 2.35 as they've been my favourite combo on previous bikes. I'd like to try the same tires in 2.6 but these are new so will have to wait to go bigger

Aah ok Smile Do you like your hornet?

O+
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 13:43 Quote
eltitorito wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

Loving it! I've basically built it up identical to my previous banshee Rune. I have yet to hit any bike park on it but am pretty pumped to try it soon.
Not sure if you have a dropper, but I'd recommend the one up...it works really well

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 14:07 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
eltitorito wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

Loving it! I've basically built it up identical to my previous banshee Rune. I have yet to hit any bike park on it but am pretty pumped to try it soon.
Not sure if you have a dropper, but I'd recommend the one up...it works really well

Can't wait man! I still need dropper but i dont know size i need yet since iam 192cm/92cm inseam, maby need 170mm
Where did u get the Spank spike 33s wheel build from if i may ask?

O+
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 14:11 Quote
Get the 170 for sure!
I bought the rims from CRC and the spokes from an online place here in Canada... used Sapim race I believe. It's not too tricky building wheels but I think you can have CRC build with whatever they carry.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 15:03 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
Get the 170 for sure!
I bought the rims from CRC and the spokes from an online place here in Canada... used Sapim race I believe. It's not too tricky building wheels but I think you can have CRC build with whatever they carry.

Thanks for the tip on the One up dropper! im getting that 170mm dropper, i think iam better of buying a set of CRC than standard hope DH's or 35W. I dont know how hard it is to build a wheel yourself tbh.. im a handy guy but bike stuff is kinda new for me still

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 19:59 Quote
eltitorito wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:
Get the 170 for sure!

Thanks for the tip on the One up dropper! im getting that 170mm dropper, i think iam better of buying a set of CRC than standard hope DH's or 35W. I dont know how hard it is to build a wheel yourself tbh.. im a handy guy but bike stuff is kinda new for me still

I have a set of Ibis 738s, with a inner width of 34mm, so far there perfect for 2.6-2.8" wide tires, and there asymmetric, so the spoke tension+lengths good all around Big Grin . Got mine setup with some I9 hubs, and they've been sent out to get some new decal work done Big Grin .

Posted: May 25, 2018 at 2:00 Quote
Sorileus86 wrote:
eltitorito wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:
Get the 170 for sure!

I have a set of Ibis 738s, with a inner width of 34mm, so far there perfect for 2.6-2.8" wide tires, and there asymmetric, so the spoke tension+lengths good all around Big Grin . Got mine setup with some I9 hubs, and they've been sent out to get some new decal work done Big Grin .

Sick man! So far i recieved these part's for my build:

Mattoc pro 2 160mm black
Absolute black oval 32t
KBC 11 speed chain gold
11-46 casette sunrace black
XT m8000 shifter
Raceface atlas 785 bar kash edition
renthal kevlar grips
Shimano Zee brakes
Xt derailleur SG
Shimano Saint BB
SLX Cranks

black hornet frame is on order and now just need to get some Hope 203mm rotors/dropperpost/wheelset+tires
think i go for 2.6 tire, haven't decided on rims yet although i would like some Hope pro 4 hubs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014589
Mobile Version of Website