zmcycle wrote:
Metro-Gnome wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
Soon to be my Dartmoor Hornet Build:

Dartmoor Hornet Black S
Pike RT3 Dual Position Boost 160-130mm
Dartmoor Blink Headset Petrol, With Petrol Titanium Headset Bolt M6x30mm
Petrol Titanium Headset Spacers x2.
Dartmoor Shorty Stem Petrol With 2 M5x16mm Petrol Titanium Bolts, 2 M6x16mm Petrol Titanium Bolts.
Bars: Raceface SIXC Black 780mm
Grips: Dartmoor Race Black.
Front and Back Brakes: XT m8000, With Petrol Titanium Bolts, (Lever, Caliper, and Pad Bolt)
Brake Bolts: Petrol Titanium, Brake Washers Petrol Titanium x2 5.2mm

Wheels:
Dartmoor Reel Pro 102 142mmx12mm Petrol Laced With Petrol Spokes To Dartmoor Thunder 27.5+ Rim Black
Dartmoor Reel Pro 110x15mm Petrol Laced With Petrol Spokes To Dartmoor Thunder 27.5+ Rim Black
Back and Front Rotors: Fouriers 180mm Petrol
Tubeless Set up (Purple Valves, Petrol Titanium Caps)
Front and Rear Tires, Maxxis Rekon 27.5 x 2.6”

XTR Shifter 11 Speed
SLX Rear Derailuer 11 Speed. (Purple Jockey Wheels)
Bolany 11t-50t 11sp Black Cassette (370g)
Chain: KMC 11SL Gold
Cranks: Raceface Turbine 34T Direct Mount
BB: Raceface 68/73mm X-Type.
Pedals: Aest Ultralight Petrol Titanium MTB Pedals (275g)

Seat Clamp: Petrol Titanium.
Seat Post: Lev Integra 150mm x 30.9.
Seat: Gub Saddle Hollow Out Cushion 230g

Wow, sounds like it's gonna be sick. Too bad no one makes petrol 11speed chains. Would be insane. Even still, sounds amazing. 22-24 lbs of insanity.

I would be stoked if it ends up near that weight, but I have a feeling it will be closer to sub 30 lol.
Going to look awesome!!!
Would be sweet to be that light, but mine is weighing in at 29lbs even with a carbon crank. My lyrik and tires are heavier though.
I'm guessing 27.5lbs

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 6:05 Quote
My guess is based on my Scott Scale 10. Yes, my frame/fork is way ighter and I have a carbon bar stem, and seatpost (and seat, lol). The rest of my build is heavier than yours. Non-tubeless, xt cranks, absolutely no ti parts and an XTR chain with deity compounds.

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 19:35 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
Looking good so far. Who's cassette is that.? All black cassette's just look cool in my book. I have the 11-46 BoxTwo on mine.

Its an E*13 TRS+, 9t-46t 11 speed, am still pondering the brake cable lengths Book lol

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 0:06 Quote
Sorileus86 wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:
Looking good so far. Who's cassette is that.? All black cassette's just look cool in my book. I have the 11-46 BoxTwo on mine.

Its an E*13 TRS+, 9t-46t 11 speed, am still pondering the brake cable lengths Book lol

Ahh. Think I might try a E 13 when my cassette wears out. anyhow it looks so rad with the red frame.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 8:22 Quote
Dartmoor Hornet is a really awesome capable bike! had a bit to much fun tho... broke my collarbone already! lol Can't wait to get back riding, sleeping sitting up get's boring quick!

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 21:50 Quote
Hey there,

Just wondering where people are getting their Dartmoor Hornet Frames from online (w/Global shipping options)?

Some great looking build pictures there, quite inspiring!

Thanks

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 8:40 Quote
GLOB-2018 wrote:
Hey there,

Just wondering where people are getting their Dartmoor Hornet Frames from online (w/Global shipping options)?

Some great looking build pictures there, quite inspiring!

Thanks

Your probably best getting one from China, DPS will ship it to you.

It depends on the distrubution nearest to you.

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 17:13 Quote
Almost Done with my Hornet build Big Grin
Just need to install the chain guide/chain, adjust the brake cables, and frame protection, and fork mud guard.
I have everything but the chain guide and frame protection, and it'll be done tup .

Updated the photo with a better, higher detailed 1 Smile

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 17:19 Quote
Looking very slick so far. Once you get it done, you need to get some proper outdoors pic's of it..

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 23:14 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
Looking very slick so far. Once you get it done, you need to get some proper outdoors pic's of it..

lolz IKR, kinda has to stay indoors atm, I actually got those seated tubeless with no sealant 1st try lol. Used some soapy water to get them on the rims, then with the cores out used an air compressor to seat to beads, then I used a small hand pump to finish them off, was that easy. Big Grin

And don't mind the room there in, that's just my gun room, but I don't need everyone seeing all my pew pew toys >.> and fishing gear haha, and besides that rooms a mess atm Eek . lolz

Odd thing is though with the front tire, it doesn't hold air like the rear, there are actually some tiny holes on the side walls, which kind of defeats the *2Bless* rating they're given >.>. Not sure it that is common or not with Specialized tires or not ?

And I am Definitely doing some photo shooting outside, already got a spot picked out at a local park for that day Beer .

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 12:27 Quote
Hi guys
I have Hornet 2016. Have anyone tried to replace the rear axle with a quick-release one, cuz I'm tired of always searching for an allen key, when I have to remove the rear wheel ? Smile

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 17:38 Quote
TotemBG wrote:
Hi guys
I have Hornet 2016. Have anyone tried to replace the rear axle with a quick-release one, cuz I'm tired of always searching for an allen key, when I have to remove the rear wheel ? Smile

This *Might* be what your looking for ?

There's multiple options.
I think I may pick 1 up for my 2017 Hornet lolz

https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-Maxle-Lite-Rear-Skewer-150mm-X-12mm?pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=shopping_us&pt_keyword=&gclid=CjwKCAjw1ZbaBRBUEiwA4VQCIc3aizC5Mak8XKv7MZ8cGg2tsSSm1pyUBYvsuK1Vu8j5UpJuyVuoExoC8F0QAvD_BwE

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 18:58 Quote
TotemBG wrote:
Hi guys

You have to use a 135mm x 12mm hub 100%

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 22:08 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
TotemBG wrote:
Hi guys

You have to use a 135mm x 12mm hub 100%

He'll have no issue then with the link I posted than, as they also have that option Smile .

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012380
Mobile Version of Website