Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group
Posted: Oct 4, 2018 at 8:37 Quote
ivankvkharkiv wrote:
zealous1000 wrote:
ivankvkharkiv wrote:

If rear derailleur hanger is what you are talking about then yes I have broken mine after 180 training on my hornet. As the structure of aluminum of original one was quit poor I decided to replace it with the one with better material. So I made a 3D model of it in Autodesk Inventor on my work and gave this model to the guys with machine tool (cnc milling machine) and they build it from aircraft aluminum. So now I have no problems.

Later today when I come home I can provide you with some photos if you need...

Yep, it's the rear hanger that's the issue. I actually have the fourth spare waiting in the wings, so I may go your way and just use it as a template for a decent alu one. What series aluminium did you ask your to be made of? Just aircraft alu or did you specify a series (6000, 7000...)? I even thought about asking for a steel one.

Quite annoying Dartmoor cannot be bothered to make a decent one themselves.

Thanks for the help, I'll ask around some machine shops, if they can't copy the spare one I'll pm you for the photos.

Oh, I have forgot about the photos, so busy at work lately that I even forget sometimes what my name is)))))
As for the series actually I went with something close to 2024, AA2024, AA2124. And believe it or not but if 2000 less then 6000 that does not mean that the alloy worse than 6000. You can google for it, the 2000 series is used in aviation a lot.

If you had hornet not primal I could present you with one, but you have primal...

No worries, thanks for the offer, much appreciated. I've actually contacted a couple of machine shops, one already said that I'd better forget about it, as it would be way too expensive, and am waiting to hear from the other two. I have also gone to derailleurhangers.com, see if they do a better version.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a cheap machine shop in the NE of the USA, drop me a line, I could do with a few more cost estimates. Thanks.

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 8:39 Quote
Hey Guys,

for a chain guard are we ISCG 05 or 03?

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 18:50 Quote
DarylBoston wrote:
Hey Guys,

ISCG 05 Smile Beer
photo

tup

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 20:57 Quote
thank you sir

Sorileus86 wrote:
DarylBoston wrote:
Hey Guys,

ISCG 05 Smile Beer
photo

tup

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 17:16 Quote
I just finished my hornet build, I will post some pics later. what is the small threaded hole in the head tube for?
cheers
kev

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 21:39 Quote
kwp2011 wrote:
I just finished my hornet build, I will post some pics later. what is the small threaded hole in the head tube for?
cheers
kev

For the cable holder your frame should have come with.

Note that I ended up needed to use a fairly thick washer underneath the holder to lift the bolt enough to Not hit the fork on the inside of the headtube.

So keep that in mind when screwing in the bolt Smile

photo
photo

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 22:40 Quote
the cable holder looks good. I did not get one with my frame.

Sorileus86 wrote:
kwp2011 wrote:
cheers
kev

Note that I ended up needed to use a fairly thick washer underneath the holder to lift the bolt enough to Not hit the fork on the inside of the headtube.

photo
photo

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 7:43 Quote
Neither did I

kwp2011 wrote:

Sorileus86 wrote:
kwp2011 wrote:
cheers
kev

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 7:59 Quote
If anyone wants or needs one, mine isn't being used. Send me your address and I'll drop in in the mail

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 10:57 Quote
Kinda odd, I'm not seeing this cable harness in there spare parts area on there site Eek

http://dartmoor-bikes.com/spare-parts

But we see it on there site on there higher end Hornets Book
photo

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 11:30 Quote
photo
photo
photo
Nearly ready to ride. It will never be this clean again. Its mostly done, just minor tweaks left. Its mostly made up of spare parts i had lying around except for the 180mm Yari and frame of course. Im so looking forward to trying this thing out.

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 13:49 Quote
kwp2011 wrote:
photo
photo
photo
Nearly ready to ride. It will never be this clean again. Its mostly done, just minor tweaks left. Its mostly made up of spare parts i had lying around except for the 180mm Yari and frame of course. Im so looking forward to trying this thing out.

Sweet she looks just like mine lol!

Love riding here in South Florida! Cant wait to hit up some hills in Ga!

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 14:09 Quote
kwp2011 wrote:
photo
photo
photo

Looks sweet! I almost got the same color with my build....still might grab another frame in that color for my brother's bike lol.

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 14:26 Quote
Hi, any one know where to buy the little cable holder that screws into the head tube of a hornet?

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 14:29 Quote
I didn’t either ????

DarylBoston wrote:
Neither did I

kwp2011 wrote:

Sorileus86 wrote:

photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019060
Mobile Version of Website