Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group
Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
pooppovi wrote:
So, here is my Hornet. First complete bike build for me.

Damn fine looking build man. If it were me, I would remove the fork stickers for a blacked out look there, but that's just me. Great looking bike man.

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 0:04 Quote
Proud to share my DARTMOOR BLACKBIRD 2019

w/ RS Monarch RC3 Debonair
Marzocchi 350R 160mm
Dartmoor Shorty
Dartmoor Lightning
Dartmoor Race
Dartmoor Blink
Wolftooth Remote
KS eTen Seatpost
Dartmoor Primal
AMS Frame Guard

Shimano Deore XT Drivetrain
Shimano Deore XT Pedals
Shimano Deore Brakeset
YBN 11-Speed Silver
Dartmoor Keeper

Dartmoor Shield Rims
Chosen Hubs
Maxxis Shorty 2.50WT
Aeroic 180mm Disc

#RideYourWay

Dartmoor Blackbird 2019 Marzocchi 350R Dartmoor Shorty Dartmoor Lightning Dartmoor Race Dartmoor Blink Wolftooth Remote KS eTen Seatpost Dartmoor Primal AMS Frame Guard Shimano Deore XT Drivetrain Shimano Deore XT Pedals Shimano Deore Brakeset YBN 11-Speed Silver Dartmoor Keeper Dartmoor Shield Rims Chosen Hubs Maxxis Shorty 2.50WT Aeroic 180mm Disc

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 3:00 Quote
liquid1130 wrote:
Proud to share my DARTMOOR BLACKBIRD 2019

w/ RS Monarch RC3 Debonair
Marzocchi 350R 160mm
Dartmoor Shorty
Dartmoor Lightning
Dartmoor Race
Dartmoor Blink
Wolftooth Remote
KS eTen Seatpost
Dartmoor Primal
AMS Frame Guard

Shimano Deore XT Drivetrain
Shimano Deore XT Pedals
Shimano Deore Brakeset
YBN 11-Speed Silver
Dartmoor Keeper

Dartmoor Shield Rims
Chosen Hubs
Maxxis Shorty 2.50WT
Aeroic 180mm Disc

#RideYourWay

Dartmoor Blackbird 2019 Marzocchi 350R Dartmoor Shorty Dartmoor Lightning Dartmoor Race Dartmoor Blink Wolftooth Remote KS eTen Seatpost Dartmoor Primal AMS Frame Guard Shimano Deore XT Drivetrain Shimano Deore XT Pedals Shimano Deore Brakeset YBN 11-Speed Silver Dartmoor Keeper Dartmoor Shield Rims Chosen Hubs Maxxis Shorty 2.50WT Aeroic 180mm Disc

Flipping awesome bike .... please would you give a brief review of the bike once you get to know her a little better?

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
Would also like a review of the blackbird!

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
Hey guys, does anyone have an experience of riding modern (2017 and on) Hornet with a 140, maybe 150mm fork? I mean Dartmoor themselves consider it possible as the frame is said to be designed for 140-180mm forks, but the geometry numbers are provided for 160mm and seem to get spoiled with the forks of less travel.
The frame is nice but I'm kinda limited with my current components, so still in doubt if I should really purchase it.
Thanx!

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 23:42 Quote
capsized wrote:
Hey guys, does anyone have an experience of riding modern (2017 and on) Hornet with a 140, maybe 150mm fork? I mean Dartmoor themselves consider it possible as the frame is said to be designed for 140-180mm forks, but the geometry numbers are provided for 160mm and seem to get spoiled with the forks of less travel.
The frame is nice but I'm kinda limited with my current components, so still in doubt if I should really purchase it.
Thanx!

My 2018 hornet is running a 160mm travel fork, and I personally do not think it would feel great with a 140mm fork when it lowers the front end and steepens the head and seat angles ... not to mention the BB dropping even lower.

You can always build her up with your current 140mm fork, ride her like that and save up to a point where you use your savings and the sale of your current fork to purchase a 160mm fork.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 1:30 Quote
capsized wrote:
Thanx!

I rode mine with a 140mm Argyle RCT and 26" wheels and rode it on intermediate downhill tracks. I hit some roots with the pedals, and now it feels way better with 160mm, but I was in the same situation, at that point I built it with what I had and rode it.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 6:02 Quote
HairyLegs wrote:
SSBone wrote:

OK, I got the point. I'll see if I can get some more travel out of my not-so-fresh-out-the-box 140mm Fox, but will probably build the Hornet anyway. Thank you!

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 23:22 Quote
capsized wrote:
HairyLegs wrote:
SSBone wrote:

OK, I got the point. I'll see if I can get some more travel out of my not-so-fresh-out-the-box 140mm Fox, but will probably build the Hornet anyway. Thank you!

Whatever you do, just make sure you take lots of photographs, and post them here Razz

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
Fairly recent photo of my Primal+ 2018 model

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
capsized wrote:

You can actually put a headset extender. But, Hornet already have 120mm head tube lenght, so make sure your fork steerer is long enough.

I love the geometry of my Hornet with the 160mm fork... but for me 95% of the time it's too much travel. So I set up the Pike (volume spacer, less sag) and use about 145mm of travel.

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
Picked up a Primal 27.5 frame awhile back and been slowly tossing it together with my old leftover parts as my winter bike. Ends up winter is almost over though here.

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
Update

Now with RockShox Lyrik RCT3 180MM

Dartmoor Hornet with RockShox Lyrik RCT3 180mm

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 1:54 Quote
pedrogomespxo wrote:
Update

Now with RockShox Lyrik RCT3 180MM

Dartmoor Hornet with RockShox Lyrik RCT3 180mm

How does she ride with the 180mm vs the 160mm?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019897
Mobile Version of Website