Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 4:53 Quote
my Dartmoor Hornet 27.5

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 21:49 Quote
My seat post on the hornet keeps slipping, it rotates a lot perhaps every 60 seconds and drops down, i just thought it was a cheap seatpost (Brand x 30.9) and too small. i couldnt tighten the qr clamp enough to hold it (chromag). Very annoying. Tonight i tried 3 different seat posts and 2 qr clamps, all combos slipped just the same. So it must be the frame. Do you have any solutions short of buying a dropper for this and clamping it really hard in place ?
one more thing, it inserts half way down quite freely and is a snug correct fit, but after 50% insertion it get much stiffer to insert into the frame even though it is still not as far down as internal cable access hole in the seat tube. Is this normal?

cheers
kev

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
kwp2011 wrote:
My seat post on the hornet keeps slipping, it rotates a lot perhaps every 60 seconds and drops down, i just thought it was a cheap seatpost (Brand x 30.9) and too small. i couldnt tighten the qr clamp enough to hold it (chromag). Very annoying. Tonight i tried 3 different seat posts and 2 qr clamps, all combos slipped just the same. So it must be the frame. Do you have any solutions short of buying a dropper for this and clamping it really hard in place ?
one more thing, it inserts half way down quite freely and is a snug correct fit, but after 50% insertion it get much stiffer to insert into the frame even though it is still not as far down as internal cable access hole in the seat tube. Is this normal?

cheers
kev

I used a 30.9mm Giant dropper post on mine and have never had any issues with the post rotating or dropping ... without any kit I weight in at 95kg's, so not the lightest rider either.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 21:44 Quote
I may have to add a dropper too, it would fix the problem. Ive found that the seat post binds when inserted about 24cm down. Its very much like the seat tube is bent, However, a dropper would fix it. I just didnt want to put one on this bike. In general i do not need them, all my rides are all up then all down so only one adjustment of the seat post.

HairyLegs wrote:
kwp2011 wrote:

cheers
kev

I used a 30.9mm Giant dropper post on mine and have never had any issues with the post rotating or dropping ... without any kit I weight in at 95kg's, so not the lightest rider either.

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 5:11 Quote
I wonder if Dartmoor have not reemed the frames deep enough on the seat tubes then?
kwp2011 wrote:
I may have to add a dropper too, it would fix the problem. Ive found that the seat post binds when inserted about 24cm down. Its very much like the seat tube is bent, However, a dropper would fix it. I just didnt want to put one on this bike. In general i do not need them, all my rides are all up then all down so only one adjustment of the seat post.

HairyLegs wrote:
kwp2011 wrote:

cheers
kev

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
I had the same problem. The qr doesn't apply enough force. Get one with a bolt.

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 0:57 Quote
That makes good sense ... I am running mine with a bolt

DJ-24 wrote:

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 20:00 Quote
It does look like the inside of the seat tube is not reemed out enough. I have contacted the bike shop and they have started a claim from Dartmoor. Im not sure i really need a warrantee replacement if it goes that way, a dropper post would work. However, i do not really want to purchase a dropper for this bike but i do lift and drop the post on every ride. I guess it should be compatible with a rigid post. Presently dartmoor are just asking questions, wanting measurements etc.

HairyLegs wrote:
I wonder if Dartmoor have not reemed the frames deep enough on the seat tubes then?
kwp2011 wrote:

HairyLegs wrote:

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 20:06 Quote
I do like to lift the post up and down for climbs and dh . a tool is possible but less convenient. Ive had many hardtails and always used chromag QRs with no problems. I just wondered if this issue i have is common.

DJ-24 wrote:

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
Just got to build a new bike for my wife, but the only fork I had was 170mm Yari, which I find is too much for her. Bike is 2019 Primal 27.5+ in size medium
Should I lower it to 150 or 140?

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
150 or 160. I run 160mm Pike 29” forks on my primal+ ‘18 model and its ideal. I wouldn’t go as low as 140, I feel like you’d ruin the feel of the bike.

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
A little off topic but couldn't find better place to ask. I am looking for Hornet 2017 27,5" large size frame, should be from Europe. If someone is selling his bike/frame dont be afraid to PM me, thanks Smile

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 2:53 Quote
Frame Dartmoor Hornet 2018 L Fork Manitou Mattoc Pro 2 160mm IRT Handlebar RaceFace Atlas Kash Money Grips Odi Ruffian Lock-on Brakes Shimano Zee Rotors Hope Pro 4 203 180 Pedals Superstar Nano Evo X Cranks Shimano SLX Front Sprocket Absolute black Oval 32T Casette Sunrace 11-46 Chain KMC X11-EL 11 Shifter Shimano XT 8000 BB Shimano Saint Hollow tech Wheels Hope Pro 4 DH Wheelset Tires Magic Marry 2.6 F Nobby Nic 2.6 R
Frame Dartmoor Hornet 2018 L Fork Manitou Mattoc Pro 2 160mm IRT Handlebar RaceFace Atlas Kash Money Grips Odi Ruffian Lock-on Brakes Shimano Zee Rotors Hope Pro 4 203 180 Pedals Superstar Nano Evo X Cranks Shimano SLX Front Sprocket Absolute black Oval 32T Casette Sunrace 11-46 Chain KMC X11-EL 11 Shifter Shimano XT 8000 BB Shimano Saint Hollow tech Wheels Hope Pro 4 DH Wheelset Tires Magic Marry 2.6 F Nobby Nic 2.6 R

Here's some pic's of my dartmoor hornet 2018 custom build with all new parts i build end of last summer, fun bike! Although i find the reach a bit short for my lenght being 6.3'' frame size L, MABY iam going to sell this frame again and get something bigger, not sure yet since its a nice bike to ride and can handle alot!
these are the specs:

Frame: Dartmoor Hornet 2018 L
Fork: Manitou Mattoc Pro 2 160mm + IRT
Handlebar: RaceFace Atlas Kash Money
Grips: Odi Ruffian Lock-on
Brakes: Shimano Zee
Rotors: Hope Pro 4 203 + 180
Pedals: Superstar Nano Evo X
Cranks: Shimano SLX
Front Sprocket: Absolute black Oval 32T
Casette: Sunrace 11-46
Chain: KMC X11-EL 11
Shifter: Shimano XT 8000
BB: Shimano Saint Hollow tech
Wheels: Hope Pro 4 DH Wheelset
Tires: Magic Marry 2.6 F + Nobby Nic 2.6 R
Dropper post: One Up 170 mm Dropper

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 1:33 Quote
New Two6Player L

My Player L finally arrived.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017237
Mobile Version of Website