Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 1:46 Quote
Just thought I'd share a pic of my 2019 XL Primal 27.5

It looks just like the other black Primals but, we all enjoy looking at them anyway.

I think the bike is fantastic other than being limited to a 2.8 rear tire. I tried a 3.0 Maxxis Chronicle but, I only had about 2mm of clearance where the chainstay meets the seat tube. Other than that I'm very happy with the bike.


Frame: 2019 Dartmoor Primal 27.5 XL
Handlebars: PNW Range 780mm 30mm rise
Grips: Ergon GA2
Stem: DMR Defy 2 35mm
Headset: FSA
Fork: Rockshox Pike 140mm (29er)
Brakes: Shimano SLX
Rotors: Shimano 203mm F&R
Shifter: Sram XO1
Derailleur: Sram XO1
Cassette: Sram GX
BB: Shimano
Crankset: Raceface 175mm
Chainring: Raceface 32T
Chain: KMC X11
Seatpost: Brand X 150mm
Seatpost Clamp: Deity Copperhead
Saddle: WTB Volt 135mm
Hubs: DT Swiss 370
Rims: Raceface AR40
Tires: Maxxis High Roller 3.0, Maxxis Rekon+ 2.8

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
Hey guys. I'm interested in building up 2019 blackbird. I'm looking for rider reviews on handling, climbing etc

Anyone here have any experience with them?

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
xoburner wrote:
Hey guys. I'm interested in building up 2019 blackbird. I'm looking for rider reviews on handling, climbing etc

Anyone here have any experience with them?
also very interested, but in the bluebird

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
I just started building up a Dartmoor Hornet. So far with a:

Frame (Green stelth, size L 2019),
Fork (Manitou Mattoc pro, 2019),
Wheelset (DT Swiss M1700, 2016)
Stem (Answer Atac Ame 50mm)
Handlebar (Answer Expert 720mm)

Would like to ask you guys about the headset - Do I have to go with Dartmoor Blink? Asking you, since I found a bargain for FSA IS40/IS52 headset and it seems too low on the contact point with the fork.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
Bacteria wrote:
I just started building up a Dartmoor Hornet. So far with a:

Frame (Green stelth, size L 2019),
Fork (Manitou Mattoc pro, 2019),
Wheelset (DT Swiss M1700, 2016)
Stem (Answer Atac Ame 50mm)
Handlebar (Answer Expert 720mm)

Would like to ask you guys about the headset - Do I have to go with Dartmoor Blink? Asking you, since I found a bargain for FSA IS40/IS52 headset and it seems too low on the contact point with the fork.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I also have L hornet with Manitou Mattoc pro Big Grin Although i have to say being 1.93 cm / 6.3'' I find the hornet L a bit to cramped... Also i would suggest going Plus wheels since the hornet is quite harsch..

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
Just bought a primal 27.5 frame. I'm the middle of building it up.

What is the small threaded hole on the side of the headtube for? A cable guide or something?

I did get anything in the box to fit there.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
I’ll be selling my large Primal+ in a few weeks, satin black, good condition, best hardtail I’ve ever owned. Any UK guys hit me up if you’re planning on buying one, it’s a 2017 model bought in May 2018 and has probably no more than 6-7 proper ride days in - it’s just being replaced with an SC Hightower LT because I’m too old for hardcore hardtails now.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 0:40 Quote
Derek6p wrote:
Just bought a primal 27.5 frame. I'm the middle of building it up.

What is the small threaded hole on the side of the headtube for? A cable guide or something?

I did get anything in the box to fit there.

Yes, that hole is for a cable guide.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
Derek6p wrote:
Just bought a primal 27.5 frame. I'm the middle of building it up.

What is the small threaded hole on the side of the headtube for? A cable guide or something?

I did get anything in the box to fit there.

Yes, it's for a clip/guide to hold down 2 cables

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 6:00 Quote
Hello , I am trying to find a 2015 Dartmoor Hornet 26/27.5" frame but they are all sold out/out of stock.. I understand they are out of production for a while but can someone advice me where to look for ?

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012369
Mobile Version of Website