Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 1:46 Quote
Just thought I'd share a pic of my 2019 XL Primal 27.5

It looks just like the other black Primals but, we all enjoy looking at them anyway.

I think the bike is fantastic other than being limited to a 2.8 rear tire. I tried a 3.0 Maxxis Chronicle but, I only had about 2mm of clearance where the chainstay meets the seat tube. Other than that I'm very happy with the bike.

Frame: 2019 Dartmoor Primal 27.5 XL
Handlebars: PNW Range 780mm 30mm rise
Grips: Ergon GA2
Stem: DMR Defy 2 35mm
Headset: FSA
Fork: Rockshox Pike 140mm (29er)
Brakes: Shimano SLX
Rotors: Shimano 203mm F&R
Shifter: Sram XO1
Derailleur: Sram XO1
Cassette: Sram GX
BB: Shimano
Crankset: Raceface 175mm
Chainring: Raceface 32T
Chain: KMC X11
Seatpost: Brand X 150mm
Seatpost Clamp: Deity Copperhead
Saddle: WTB Volt 135mm
Hubs: DT Swiss 370
Rims: Raceface AR40
Tires: Maxxis High Roller 3.0, Maxxis Rekon+ 2.8

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
Hey guys. I'm interested in building up 2019 blackbird. I'm looking for rider reviews on handling, climbing etc

Anyone here have any experience with them?

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
xoburner wrote:
Hey guys. I'm interested in building up 2019 blackbird. I'm looking for rider reviews on handling, climbing etc

Anyone here have any experience with them?
also very interested, but in the bluebird

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
I just started building up a Dartmoor Hornet. So far with a:

Frame (Green stelth, size L 2019),
Fork (Manitou Mattoc pro, 2019),
Wheelset (DT Swiss M1700, 2016)
Stem (Answer Atac Ame 50mm)
Handlebar (Answer Expert 720mm)

Would like to ask you guys about the headset - Do I have to go with Dartmoor Blink? Asking you, since I found a bargain for FSA IS40/IS52 headset and it seems too low on the contact point with the fork.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
Bacteria wrote:
I just started building up a Dartmoor Hornet. So far with a:

Frame (Green stelth, size L 2019),
Fork (Manitou Mattoc pro, 2019),
Wheelset (DT Swiss M1700, 2016)
Stem (Answer Atac Ame 50mm)
Handlebar (Answer Expert 720mm)

Would like to ask you guys about the headset - Do I have to go with Dartmoor Blink? Asking you, since I found a bargain for FSA IS40/IS52 headset and it seems too low on the contact point with the fork.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I also have L hornet with Manitou Mattoc pro Big Grin Although i have to say being 1.93 cm / 6.3'' I find the hornet L a bit to cramped... Also i would suggest going Plus wheels since the hornet is quite harsch..

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
Just bought a primal 27.5 frame. I'm the middle of building it up.

What is the small threaded hole on the side of the headtube for? A cable guide or something?

I did get anything in the box to fit there.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
I’ll be selling my large Primal+ in a few weeks, satin black, good condition, best hardtail I’ve ever owned. Any UK guys hit me up if you’re planning on buying one, it’s a 2017 model bought in May 2018 and has probably no more than 6-7 proper ride days in - it’s just being replaced with an SC Hightower LT because I’m too old for hardcore hardtails now.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 0:40 Quote
Derek6p wrote:

What is the small threaded hole on the side of the headtube for? A cable guide or something?

Yes, that hole is for a cable guide.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
Derek6p wrote:

Yes, it's for a clip/guide to hold down 2 cables

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 6:00 Quote
Hello , I am trying to find a 2015 Dartmoor Hornet 26/27.5" frame but they are all sold out/out of stock.. I understand they are out of production for a while but can someone advice me where to look for ?

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
HairyLegs wrote:

Whatever you do, just make sure you take lots of photographs, and post them here Razz

I thought I would really take lots of them, but something went wrong so just a few here.

Well, yes, finally dialed that rig in and rode her for half a summer (the other half was SO rainy in my area; too bad but it happens). Managed to get 10 more mm out of the old Fox 34 Performance so I finally got 150. Still not enough though - not because of the very travel, rather due to geometry tweaked with the smaller axle-to-crown size. Feels like the bars are too low even with the max possible spacers under the stem and the bike seems kinda lazy like that.

Anyway it's a nice one and it really saves me on steep sections where my skill (ahem) doesn't. Brings more confidence than a way shorter (guess the frame was a whole size smaller) full-sus did. I'll probably try to find something Pike/Yari-ish during the winter to get a bit more of chassis stiffness and a little longer axle-to-crown so the fork fits the intended frame geometry better. Travel is not a problem AISB, feels like anything over 140mm would provide loads of reserve for my riding. Swap for a wider bar with more rise (from 760/35 now to something 780/50) and the setup should satisfy the needs for the lifetime of the frame itself (proper maintenance and spare parts change supposed, sure).

Maybe being a rather weak and overly conservative rider means I should've bought an NS Eccentric - as it's basically the exact same geometry with a slightly longer seattube and less weight - but whatever. I like Hornet's burliness and the feeling that the frame will last.

in action (needs less brakes, meh):

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
capsized wrote:
HairyLegs wrote:

Whatever you do, just make sure you take lots of photographs, and post them here Razz

I thought I would really take lots of them, but something went wrong so just a few here.

Well, yes, finally dialed that rig in and rode her for half a summer (the other half was SO rainy in my area; too bad but it happens). Managed to get 10 more mm out of the old Fox 34 Performance so I finally got 150. Still not enough though - not because of the very travel, rather due to geometry tweaked with the smaller axle-to-crown size. Feels like the bars are too low even with the max possible spacers under the stem and the bike seems kinda lazy like that.

Anyway it's a nice one and it really saves me on steep sections where my skill (ahem) doesn't. Brings more confidence than a way shorter (guess the frame was a whole size smaller) full-sus did. I'll probably try to find something Pike/Yari-ish during the winter to get a bit more of chassis stiffness and a little longer axle-to-crown so the fork fits the intended frame geometry better. Travel is not a problem AISB, feels like anything over 140mm would provide loads of reserve for my riding. Swap for a wider bar with more rise (from 760/35 now to something 780/50) and the setup should satisfy the needs for the lifetime of the frame itself (proper maintenance and spare parts change supposed, sure).

Maybe being a rather weak and overly conservative rider means I should've bought an NS Eccentric - as it's basically the exact same geometry with a slightly longer seattube and less weight - but whatever. I like Hornet's burliness and the feeling that the frame will last.

in action (needs less brakes, meh):

Congrats, enjoy her!

I in turn just sold my Hornet frame and 160mm DVO Diamond this weekend to fund my new Jeffsy purchase .... as sad day and a happy day if that makes any sense.

If you could get a 160mm on that hornet you would do well.......if you can find a DVO Diamond to work with your budget even better Smile

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015962
Mobile Version of Website