Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Sep 12, 2020 at 13:45 Quote
Finished - looking forward to riding it properly, seems to love the back wheel so far Razz
Dartmoor Primal 27.5 - Mattoc - DT SWISS - XTR m9100 - XT - X0 - Wolftooth - ERGON - Brand-X
More photos in album

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 1:15 Quote
2020 Hornet. Can't wait for the lockdown to end here so I can get onto some real trails.

New Dartmoor Hornet Build

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 1:58 Quote
browner wrote:
Finished - looking forward to riding it properly, seems to love the back wheel so far Razz
Dartmoor Primal 27.5 - Mattoc - DT SWISS - XTR m9100 - XT - X0 - Wolftooth - ERGON - Brand-X
More photos in album

Lovely!

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 2:07 Quote

Took it out for a shakedown ride yesterday - few cockpit adjustments needed but overall very happy with how it rode. Looking forward to getting mucky this winter!

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
Hi guys,

I'm currently building a Dartmoor Hornet (2020) Size-L.

Ile be running 160mm rockshox forks and can't make out which stem length to go for?

Any advice? I am 5ft 11 and currently ride 150mm forks on a frame that's meant for 130/140mm forks so I am used to a higher front end. Ile most likely go for bars with a small rise also.

Cheers Smile

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 6:52 Quote
Beav wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm currently building a Dartmoor Hornet (2020) Size-L.

Ile be running 160mm rockshox forks and can't make out which stem length to go for?

Any advice? I am 5ft 11 and currently ride 150mm forks on a frame that's meant for 130/140mm forks so I am used to a higher front end. Ile most likely go for bars with a small rise also.

Cheers Smile

My advice is the frame is super long and is really meant for a short stem. 32-40mm is all the length you would need.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
Beav wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm currently building a Dartmoor Hornet (2020) Size-L.

Ile be running 160mm rockshox forks and can't make out which stem length to go for?

Any advice? I am 5ft 11 and currently ride 150mm forks on a frame that's meant for 130/140mm forks so I am used to a higher front end. Ile most likely go for bars with a small rise also.

Cheers Smile

My advice is the frame is super long and is really meant for a short stem. 32-40mm is all the length you would need.

Thank you. I've been looking at the DMR Defy and Dartmoor Fury either V.2 or V.3

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 19:37 Quote
Beav wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm currently building a Dartmoor Hornet (2020) Size-L.

Ile be running 160mm rockshox forks and can't make out which stem length to go for?

Any advice? I am 5ft 11 and currently ride 150mm forks on a frame that's meant for 130/140mm forks so I am used to a higher front end. Ile most likely go for bars with a small rise also.

Cheers Smile

A wise man by the name of Greg Minnaar once said that your stem length should be no longer than your fork's offset. I think it's good advice. Cool

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009855
Mobile Version of Website