Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Dartmoor Bikes Owners Group
Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 18:30 Quote
Cumpajuan wrote:
Hi everyone,tup

When you buy the 2021 Primal 29" (L) frame alone, it suggest 130-160mm fork travel... and I think it is considering 29 and 27,5 plus tires in that range... I now have a Fox 34 and 130 mm travel and theres only available 150mm shaft for convertion (where I live). Currently running on 2,3 tires.

Cons? Pros? Better be patient and import a 140mm shaft?

Thanks for the comments Big Grin
This is my new bike a nice looking Dartmoor Primal 29

Just wondering how longs the dropper you got on this?

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 5:01 Quote
Hi guys.
I have bought a Dartmoor primal 29er frame and have a rockshox lyric select 160mm fork to go .. I ride enduro style trails . Is this too much travel .. will it affect the geo of the bike.. could I run 27.5 wheels with bigger tyres without messing with the geo of the bike .. anyone run a similar set up to mine .. Thanks in advance

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 6:11 Quote
A-aronC wrote:
Hi guys.
I have bought a Dartmoor primal 29er frame and have a rockshox lyric select 160mm fork to go .. I ride enduro style trails . Is this too much travel .. will it affect the geo of the bike.. could I run 27.5 wheels with bigger tyres without messing with the geo of the bike .. anyone run a similar set up to mine .. Thanks in advance

160 will be fine, it's the max travel the frame takes.

Do not run 27.5 it will seriously affect the geo.

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 7:09 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
A-aronC wrote:
Hi guys.

Thanks for the info .. I hastily bought the fork on special before the frame and didn't look into it too much .I did see max travel on the frame is 160mm and figured that it would be ok.. I come from a full suss ebike 27.5 and have no clue how 29ers handle thanks again

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 4:17 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
A-aronC wrote:
Hi guys.

27.5 will just make the bike lower TBF. Doubt you'll be able to tell the difference in trail with the smaller wheels.

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 6:12 Quote
mtb-scotland wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
A-aronC wrote:
Hi guys.

27.5 will just make the bike lower TBF. Doubt you'll be able to tell the difference in trail with the smaller wheels.

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 6:12 Quote
mtb-scotland wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
A-aronC wrote:
Hi guys.

The BB is what will catch up to him. Luckily the higher fork will help a bit , but it's not going to be ideal geo wise.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 20:32 Quote
Looking to buy a dropper but unfortunately i don't have my frame in yet, I was hoping someone with maybe the same measurements could help me out.

Ive ordered a Dartmoor Primal 29er frame in a large, im running 170 cranks and i have 32.2 inseam. Wondering if i can get away with a 175 RaceFace Turbine R dropper.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advanced

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
Hi there, I have a couple of questions regarding a Hornet build (or possibly even Primal), I hope someone can help me with them.

Has anyone experimented with mixed wheel setup on a Hornet? How does that affect geo with let's say a 150-160mm fork? Also, at 5ft 10in and 30in inseam I'm kinda puzzled by the correct size for me: if I look at top tube length I should go with M, but my current bike has a 465mm reach - which is even longer than a L-sized Hornet (I'm fairly used to the modern "long-low-slack" enduro geo). So would a mullet setup on a L Hornet fit me better? Or would that just ruin the bike on uphills in which case I'd be better off with a 29' Primal? I'd be mostly riding it on fairly rough and steep trails with occasional jumps/drops...

Beav, if you're reading this, do you have any regrets about the size or is L okay for you?

Cheers!

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 14:04 Quote
I'm 6'3, and the large Hornet does feel a bit long on me with a 50mm stem (thankfully I didn't get an XL, and I need a shorter stem). The Hornet supports anywhere between a 140mm to 180mm dual crown fork (quite curious if anyone has thrown a fox 40 on a newer Hornet), so it falls within the rated range. The general rule of thumb for geometry is that the longer the fork, the slacker the headtube (I think .05° for every 10mm of travel, but don't quote me on that). I know on my Hornet I'm running a 170mm fork, and it likes to pop up on the back wheel during climbs, but is very manageable in doing so as well. If you want to run a mullet, I wouldn't run more than 150mm of travel though

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 14:08 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
I'm 6'3, and the large Hornet does feel a bit long on me with a 50mm stem (thankfully I didn't get an XL, and I need a shorter stem). The Hornet supports anywhere between a 140mm to 180mm dual crown fork (quite curious if anyone has thrown a fox 40 on a newer Hornet), so it falls within the rated range. The general rule of thumb for geometry is that the longer the fork, the slacker the headtube (I think .05° for every 10mm of travel, but don't quote me on that). I know on my Hornet I'm running a 170mm fork, and it likes to pop up on the back wheel during climbs, but is very manageable in doing so as well. If you want to run a mullet, I wouldn't run more than 150mm of travel though

We actually had a customer of ours throw on a fox 40 on his. However I believe it may have been lowered to 180-190.

I agree with his assessment regarding mullet. 150 would probably make most sense to compromise for the front wheel size.

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 15:30 Quote
I should probably ask this now before I forget. I'm looking for a dropper, and I know the size would be 30.9, But am mildly concerned about maximum insertion on the Large Hornet. What is the max theoretical dropper length?

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 15:43 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
I should probably ask this now before I forget. I'm looking for a dropper, and I know the size would be 30.9, But am mildly concerned about maximum insertion on the Large Hornet. What is the max theoretical dropper length?
I imagine if you want to be able to slam it, it's probably 180mm or 190mm

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 15:59 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
noone1223 wrote:

I would want to slam it, so thanks for the info. Also, what stems do you have in stock that are green or polished silver?

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 16:50 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
noone1223 wrote:

I would want to slam it, so thanks for the info. Also, what stems do you have in stock that are green or polished silver?
Message us off forums please.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013425
Mobile Version of Website