Why you should always where a helmet!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Why you should always where a helmet!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 16:29 Quote
Hey peeps i know this story has f*ck all to do with dh or freeride but there is a message n it. Well its hit me any after my night of work.

Tonight i went to work like every other wednesday (tesco dot com driver) 7pm to 11pm and at around 9.15pm i was out in the sticks in berkeley. After finding the farm i was looking for and they had there shopping, i was driving back when i saw some guy in the middle of the roar with some shit heap of a bike on top of him. I jumped out of the van and i have never seen so much blood in my life it was every where. After making some kinda bandage out of my coat and calling 999, i noticed that all he had done was sidded on a patch of gravel. After the amberlance game they removed my coat to have a look and i was shocked at the split/hole in his head. Just makes me think about the amount of times i've gone for a play in the woods with out one or i have just forgot it but still went for it. Not any more. Sorry to bore anyone just made me think thats all.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 20:28 Quote
Last time I thought about not wearing a helmet was a a couple seasons ago snowboarding, but I decided too anyways. Good thing too, because I fell on a rail and got a concussion with it on, there was a purple line in the middle of my vision and it was faulted ( I was seeing things lower with my right eye). After that I've never debated on wearing a helmet.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 11:42 Quote
i know mate i used think i'l just take it easy it wont happen. Not any more always goona wear a lid. Just makes me laugh when you see some crazy peeps going big with out one.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 11:59 Quote
Kids can laugh at me all they like,but i will have the last laugh when they gotta wear nappies/dippers the rest of their miserable wheel chair dribbling bound life.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 12:13 Quote
I can probably imagine your feeling alot of shock after being the first one on the scene and seeing the wounds.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 15:00 Quote
its not really shock of the blood etc i've seen enough of my own like lol but just of the damage he had done from just biking on the road his head was in a real mess.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 15:01 Quote
marquis wrote:
Kids can laugh at me all they like,but i will have the last laugh when they gotta wear nappies/dippers the rest of their miserable wheel chair dribbling bound life.

dam right mate. I aint got time for anyone like that anymore.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014526
Mobile Version of Website