Collaboration video project - Amateur Videogragher group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Collaboration video project - Amateur Videogragher group
Previous Page |
Posted: May 13, 2010 at 11:14 Quote
Here is the thread to discuss the project,

I'll keep a log of who is doing what here on the OP.

Filming segments:

ih-sam
timlake
cdavis (if he can)
kiwihardtail
shastaoutdoormedia
xeispen
mmmmmm (spoked media)

Put your name up if you want in on this guys

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 11:18 Quote
Hmm, if you've got DH segment, not sure what I'll do. I suppose it doesn't matter if there's two I guess!?

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 11:22 Quote
yeah we've got to have more than one, I'll lob you up on the OP tup

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 11:23 Quote
How long is this project going to take place? And what format? I could probably shoot and edit some street and park over the summer if it's SD.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 11:25 Quote
I'm not completely sure yet, I would imagine it will be over the course of the whole season.

When Felix arrives he'll probably tell you about formats and stuff, I'm not really a fan of that kind of thing.
I'll put your name down anyway.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 11:32 Quote
Format should be 1920x1080 Full HD (uprezzing from 1440x1080 should be fine) exported in .mp4 AVCHD codec at 25,000,000 bits/sec, progressive (use a field interpolation method, not blend), 30p or 25p (need to decide), no stupid NTSC dropframes.

I'm in for filming a classic Shasta trail around here. It's kinda a mix of DH/FR, and it is unique for sure.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 11:35 Quote
Just thought, how is it going to work mixing our PAL and NTSC footage into one project. I need to really sort out my rendering as well but I'm sure it will be fine.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 11:37 Quote
Sweet, I'm out.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 11:40 Quote
ih-sam wrote:
Just thought, how is it going to work mixing our PAL and NTSC footage into one project. I need to really sort out my rendering as well but I'm sure it will be fine.

The NTSC people can just export to PAL settings. Can't be too hard...

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 13:16 Quote
I'll do motion graphics, titles, credits and design and build the dvd no worries.

I have a few pros that I could film, I'm friends with Cam Cole, Justin Leov or I could film Kelly McGarry for some freeride. I know a few sick dirt jumpers as well. I don't mind.

My vote is PAL or 25fps just because it is easier to manage, exporting from 30 -> 25 is ok but you get a few badly blended frames in high motion. I have a HVX so I will be shooting DVCPRO HD can do 1920x1080 but it would be better for me to do 1280x720 for the variable frame rates etc. Basically we have to decide wether to go interlaced or progressive, 1080 or 720.

Oh and on another logistical note, I'm in the southern hemisphere so I'm just approaching winter at the moment as you know it's the opposite in the north just thought I'd point it out for timing.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 13:28 Quote
I MIGHT be able to film a small segment in the fall when I'll have access to the HVX, but other than that, I'm out.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 13:37 Quote
Also just thinking about the editing, not sure about editing our own segments. It would be really good to see the fusion of styles but I'm just thinking about making the movie seem like a whole thing rather than a bunch of segments stuck together. In saying that, doing the titles and an overall colour grade might be enough to tie it all together and it would show off the fact that we are not just camera men but editors too. Requires more thought I think. What is everyone else's opinion?

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 13:54 Quote
kiwihardtail wrote:
Also just thinking about the editing, not sure about editing our own segments. It would be really good to see the fusion of styles but I'm just thinking about making the movie seem like a whole thing rather than a bunch of segments stuck together. In saying that, doing the titles and an overall colour grade might be enough to tie it all together and it would show off the fact that we are not just camera men but editors too. Requires more thought I think. What is everyone else's opinion?

I'd say have everyone edit their own section, but like you said, keep it cohesive with titling, etc. Also, maybe have a pool of licensed music to choose from where you have to say what you're using and have everyone be OK with it so we don't end up with reggae and heavy metal right next to each other or something like that.

We can do 25p I think, should be easier than 30p for those with PAL. I don't think we should care between 1080 and 720 because you can always uprezz the 720 to match the 1080. Just 16:9 HD (720 or 1080), 25p.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 14:04 Quote
kiwihardtail wrote:

I agree. I think it would be better if we all edit our own pieces, as when we shoot, we know what we want in the edit. There would be nothing more frustrating than shooting someone, and it being edited in a completely different way to the way you imagined it.

I think it would be cool everyones different styles. Obviously the same font would be needed throughout, but I think it would link together quite well as long as people understood the concept.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 14:06 Quote
timlake wrote:
kiwihardtail wrote:

I agree. I think it would be better if we all edit our own pieces, as when we shoot, we know what we want in the edit. There would be nothing more frustrating than shooting someone, and it being edited in a completely different way to the way you imagined it.

I think it would be cool everyones different styles. Obviously the same font would be needed throughout, but I think it would link together quite well as long as people understood the concept.

The fact that we're all pretty young (everyone I think is under 25) kinda works in nice too.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007271
Mobile Version of Website