close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Collaboration video project - Amateur Videogragher group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Collaboration video project - Amateur Videogragher group
| Next Page
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 8:15 Quote
'The viewer is not on the hook for anything, that is quite clear in this article. These are patents, not copyrights. You cannot possibly violate the patent license by viewing the video. The license fee is for people who *sell* video. It's not for camera users, video editors, or end users. It's the domain of accountants'

But in all seriousness, do you honestly think they're going to chase up a bunch of lads on an internet forum that - lets face it - a [insert word here that means a value so small its not worth taking into consideration] number of the global community have heard of.

If we make a video and its put on pinkbike, does anyone here really think that either MPEG LA, or any music licencing groups are going to stumble across it and demand royalties? No I didnt think so.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 12:31 Quote
Exactly that's what I'm saying Smile it's just a principal thing for me.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 17:44 Quote
That's not entirely true. It is not the creator or the editor of the video that must pay the rights for exporting in MPEG2 or H.264, but the platform delivering the video. If you upload an H.264 video on PinkBike or Vimeo, it's not you that has to pay any rights, but the website itself.

Or if you use the H.264 format to burn a Blu-Ray disc, you only have to pay rights if it's for commercial use. Besides, the pricing for Blu-Ray licensing is very low, around $0.02 per disc (depending on circumstances though).

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 18:46 Quote
I think that you guys should worry about music rights a little bit later. or at least until you have the music right now. I would start assigning sections now, and then worry about the technical stuff later. But that is just me.

Posted: May 30, 2010 at 16:44 Quote
Hey i hope im not too late to get in on this but I'm planning on filming some races this summer on the ns and getting together with some riders. if i not too late id be really greatful to be in on the project for whatever i can or am needed to do.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 8:12 Quote
Thread seems to have gone AWOL for 2 weeks, what is happening in your planning guys? any descisions been made?

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 9:39 Quote
ih-sam wrote:
Thread seems to have gone AWOL for 2 weeks, what is happening in your planning guys? any descisions been made?

I decided to go biking last night...

Not that I know of.

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 15:44 Quote
well this idea went downhill, has any of you people who were supposed to be sorting this actually done anything?

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 18:22 Quote
ih-sam wrote:
well this idea went downhill, has any of you people who were supposed to be sorting this actually done anything?
i was kinda thinking the same thing the other day.. im still down to get this going.. but i dont really ave a say in it yet

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 18:32 Quote
Nothing really happened yet, but everyone is really busy ATM anyways, so we'll see. I'm still down to film a seggy, but I'm not sure about everyone else.

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 19:05 Quote
Hey guys, yea I'm keen to do the project. I want to get it right though, it's on the back burner at the moment. Just to update you all on my thoughts, I figured a slightly longer web edit with three or so mini segments from different videographers would be a good place to start and see if the concept is well received. Then if it's successful we have something to show people before we launch into a longer film. But like Shasta, I'm really busy at the moment so we will see how things go.

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 22:04 Quote
^^^

kiwi, that sounds like a great idea. i say we actually make a long "promo" for the video thats like 8 minutes with a bunch of really good clips from everyone

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 at 3:21 Quote
I definitely be up for this project still, and I'm with Kiwis idea of doing a short edit first. I can't go out and shoot any more MTB this year but I can easily use the footage I've gathered this summer. I've been pretty busy lately too.

I think we should start with a short edit with footage from 3 or 4 different people. Then we can see what it's like to work together and how the video is received and go from there. We could either have it focused on a single style of riding or we could have multiple styles within the same short video.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005436
Mobile Version of Website