Collaboration video project - Amateur Videogragher group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Collaboration video project - Amateur Videogragher group
Posted: May 13, 2010 at 15:43 Quote
I'm in for filming a segment.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 15:46 Quote
Yea i'm down. I posted in the amateur videographer group but i guess you didn't see it so i'll quote what i said:

"I'd be totally down for doing a segment! I can do a DH or Freeride segment since I live on the North Shore.

I agree that we should edit our own segments ourselves, That way it will show the different styles of each filmer which will make the movie a lot more uniqueCamera

As well, I also thought that at the beginning of each segment we should include the location where each segment was shot and at the end give full credit to each filmer and rider and possibly some contact information (e-mail) to give everyone some more exposure."

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 15:50 Quote
mmmmmm wrote:
Yea i'm down. I posted in the amateur videographer group but i guess you didn't see it so i'll quote what i said:

"I'd be totally down for doing a segment! I can do a DH or Freeride segment since I live on the North Shore.

I agree that we should edit our own segments ourselves, That way it will show the different styles of each filmer which will make the movie a lot more uniqueCamera

As well, I also thought that at the beginning of each segment we should include the location where each segment was shot and at the end give full credit to each filmer and rider and possibly some contact information (e-mail) to give everyone some more exposure."
Yeah that seems like the best idea so far. It has to have an international feel and I think that might keep that feeling

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 16:17 Quote
So who's going to head the charge here? We need someone to coordinate this...

I could start filming for this in like 3-4 weeks, and it's nice because it only has to be one (super super super sick) section so it's not like a huge year long commitment from everyone at once. And the trail I'd film I'm not going to have in our full-length video, so it works perfect!

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 16:19 Quote
after all the segments are individually filmed and edited, are we going to send them to one person to put it together? how will we send it?

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 17:03 Quote
Im willing to film a highland segment if you guys would like.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 17:04 Quote
Subbing for the awesomeness of this, you guys will do a sick job.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 17:11 Quote
I like the idea of the pool of music, I think the next step would be to say what you intend to film and work together to piece it into a logical order.

So basically fill this out:

Disipline: eg. DH
Trail Type: eg. steep and rocky no jumps
Rider Name and Experience:

We obviously want to limit the number of sections to somewhere around 5-8 so it's not too long. We also want to maintain some level of professionalism by picking decent riders, just thinking it could be cool to feature up and coming riders making the film all about up and coming riders and film-makers? We still need them to be good though Smile

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 17:12 Quote
Once we get a bit deeper into the planning stage we should probably move out of the public eye too lol don't want anyone leaking our secrets!!

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 17:13 Quote
Can't wait to see this.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 17:20 Quote
Once again Kiwi, totally agree. You want to head this up? It was your idea...all we need is someone to put the thing together.

Actually though, once we have it done and we want to distribute, we could go with Kiwi, Felix, and I to do that. We've got 3 corners of the globe covered, so we could take the whole shebang to film festivals and distribute in Blu-ray and DVD from our locations!

And yeah, we should probably take this undercover real soon and then delete this thread and just start like a PM circle or something.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 17:48 Quote
I'd be interested in this but I need more practice shooting and editing and stuff

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 17:54 Quote
When would it be due?

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 17:59 Quote
dhdeven wrote:
When would it be due?

Since everyone only needs to put in one segment, it just depends when everyone can get their segment together.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 18:01 Quote
i am so down with filming a segment if thats good with the rest of you ? i would probs be filming more flowy jump trails with a bit of tech, but if you want something else....rocky gnarly and scary i could do that to, hell i could film a race if you want, so just tell me if im in and i can start filming anytime !

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009960
Mobile Version of Website