Collaboration video project - Amateur Videogragher group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Collaboration video project - Amateur Videogragher group
Posted: May 25, 2010 at 15:44 Quote
high-voltage-films wrote:
kiwihardtail wrote:
Oh and on another note people will need to email the passwords to whoever is picking the final sections so random people can't see the sections.
how will you edit it if its on vimeo? and i dont know if i can shoot 25p. pretty sure my cam only does 29.970. do u just want me to render it as 25p?
yea I can only shoot at 29.970, and when do we here whos going is going to be aloud to put a clip in?

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 15:48 Quote
and i dont know if i can shoot 25p. pretty sure my cam only does 29.970. do u just want me to render it as 25p?
The Conversion Between NTSC and PAL is a tricky one, just export 29.9 and I can try to sort it out if it makes the final cut.

Regarding editing off vimeo:
Vimeo will probably work best for uploading a compressed version so that we can choose the segments that work together the best, but we may want to use another service for exchanging the uncompressed final sections.

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 15:51 Quote
kiwihardtail wrote:
and i dont know if i can shoot 25p. pretty sure my cam only does 29.970. do u just want me to render it as 25p?
The Conversion Between NTSC and PAL is a tricky one, just export 29.9 and I can try to sort it out if it makes the final cut.

Regarding editing off vimeo:
Vimeo will probably work best for uploading a compressed version so that we can choose the segments that work together the best, but we may want to use another service for exchanging the uncompressed final sections.
agreed. thumb drive in an envelope?

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 15:54 Quote
BingBong69 wrote:
and when do we here whos going is going to be aloud to put a clip in?
Just upload your segment to your Vimeo account and set the privacy so that only my vimeo account and anyone else who wants to be involved can see it. Vimeo.com/Toby

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 16:01 Quote
Here's a picture for reference if you want to know what I'm talking about on Vimeo.

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 16:36 Quote
kiwihardtail wrote:
Ok guys, if we want this to be a more casual affair then a mass upload would work, everyone just has to choose a song from one source. My vote is for Jamendo. Then from there we make sure no-one has titles or credits on their segments so that someone like me or whoever is keen can go through and add a whole bunch of the same style to tie it all together.

If we are to go ahead with this everyone needs to shoot 1080 or 720p at 25 fps. I'm keen if everyone else is. if this is a success we could do it bigger and better later on. Who knows?
personally, i dont think anyone should shoot in interlaced. or is there a way to de-lace (i dont know if thats what its called) the video so it becomes progressive in editing? is that also how you change the frame rate? also, is there a "due-date" for the segment yet? or are we still too early in the planning process. because i know ih-sam is in winter at the moment and its been pouring here for some reason for a while now even tho its summer :/ and rain around here usually ends in the beginning of feburary

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 16:56 Quote
Yo dude. It's not winter here anymore.

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 16:59 Quote
timlake wrote:
Yo dude. It's not winter here anymore.
rly?? i thought someone said it was winter there? might have been somewhere else? also for the music, wheres a good place to get music where its "easier" to get copyrights for? because i have a few good songs but its going to be extremely hard to get the rights for them.

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 17:07 Quote
That will be me, it's coming into winter here soon, probably not that many rideable weeks left of autumn.

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 17:45 Quote
Any scope for me to join?

Just finished off a 35mm adapter and got my project settings sorted in Vegas.

Demo footage: https://www.vimeo.com/12032242

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 18:23 Quote
bunkey wrote:
Any scope for me to join?

Just finished off a 35mm adapter and got my project settings sorted in Vegas.

Demo footage: https://www.vimeo.com/12032242
no one has "joined" yet. what we are doing is all making a segment for the video. then we will post it on vimeo but make it so only certain people can see it. then the best segments will be chosen.

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 18:25 Quote
for the DVD, i think there should be a special feature thing where we can make a short video about our sponsors if we get any. then we could also have a "about the filmers" video where each filmer makes a 1 and a half minute video about themselfs. can be about their riding, filming, or anything really. i think thatd be cool because it shows how the backgrounds of filmers change throughout the world

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 18:26 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
for the DVD, i think there should be a special feature thing where we can make a short video about our sponsors if we get any. then we could also have a "about the filmers" video where each filmer makes a 1 and a half minute video about themselfs. can be about their riding, filming, or anything really. i think thatd be cool because it shows how the backgrounds of filmers change throughout the world

We were thinking about something like that, but the chances of making a DVD are relatively low at this point.

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 18:30 Quote
the vimeo thing sounds good Smile and im getting some new lenses and building some more filming gear tonight, so i can probably film this weekend Big Grin

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 18:36 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:

We were thinking about something like that, but the chances of making a DVD are relatively low at this point.
oh.. well its something we could look forward to haha.

and as for music rights
my dad was the head pyrotechnic and lighting manager for the Rolling Stones, Guns n' Roses, and a few other major bands. I don't know how much that will help, but I can talk to him about it. Do we even need rights if it ends up being just a Pinkbike featured video like Whats Next?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011618
Mobile Version of Website