End Of The World In 2012? What Is Your View?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
End Of The World In 2012? What Is Your View?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 16, 2010 at 11:13 Quote
So the Mayans predicted the world was to "end" in 2012. I personally don't know what to think because every year since the year 2000 they have said it is going to end each year yet it hasn't. So i'm wondering what the rest of you think? What's your view on this? Do you think that maybe our government are hiding something like this from us, are they building these ships that will protect us?

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 11:27 Quote
Pure speculation and bollocks,some nutty fad in my town keep locking themselves in their house and buy loads of stuff as they believe the world is gonna end,look pretty damn stupid when they realise it didn't,but have they learnt have they heckers like.

Same as 911,that was apparently pre predicted,or could it just be that some nut called bin laden had read the book and proceeded to carry it out anyways and try and scare the rest of us.

If it is true can i be having sex with our lass and riding whistler at the same time please,you owe me that much lol .

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 11:29 Quote
I think the world could end in 2012, but don't know if they'll have big ships in China waiting for us, I think the rich will probably have some kind of places or vehicles (privately owned) to go. I think if it's gonna end were all f*cked basically.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 11:32 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
I think the world could end in 2012, but don't know if they'll have big ships in China waiting for us, I think the rich will probably have some kind of places or vehicles (privately owned) to go. I think if it's gonna end were all f*cked basically.

All end of the world films are American,i reckon their just paranoid to be honest.:P

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 2:16 Quote
Maybe they are paranoid but its still worrying to think that maybe in 2 years time we will be coming to an end

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 2:25 Quote
Aggression wrote:
Maybe they are paranoid but its still worrying to think that maybe in 2 years time we will be coming to an end

Stuff like this goes over my head,if it does it does,if it doesn't you have spent 2 years of your life worrying over nothing.

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 2:27 Quote
marquis wrote:
Stuff like this goes over my head,if it does it does,if it doesn't you have spent 2 years of your life worrying over nothing.

Same here I'm not going to spend the probable last 2 years of my life worrying.

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 2:31 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
marquis wrote:

Same here I'm not going to spend the probable last 2 years of my life worrying.

Ok some people might think i am narrow minded but i won't waste my life on something that was written in a book,i won't waste my life on something i cannot see or anyone else cannot prove,i live for now and worry about the bills tomorrow.lol

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 2:35 Quote
who cares if its going to end, if it does then there is nothing that can stop us dieing. so whats the point in worrying.
PS. it has to be when we host the olypics doesn't it- bloody typical

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 2:41 Quote
navyman wrote:
who cares if its going to end, if it does then there is nothing that can stop us dieing. so whats the point in worrying.

Could be that we are gonna win all the golds so effectively the end of the world for the the rest as they will be gold less.

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 2:43 Quote
marquis wrote:
navyman wrote:

Could be that we are gonna win all the golds so effectively the end of the world for the the rest as they will be gold less.

yeah, that would probably make everyone else commit suicide, but i'd be over the moon. hope we win the world cup too tup

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 17:44 Quote
Aggression wrote:
So the Mayans predicted the world was to "end" in 2012. I personally don't know what to think because every year since the year 2000 they have said it is going to end each year yet it hasn't. So i'm wondering what the rest of you think? What's your view on this? Do you think that maybe our government are hiding something like this from us, are they building these ships that will protect us?

Actually no, there is nothing about "end". It is simply a transitional period in their calender which predicts a great transition. Not an end to the world.

I think it will merely be another ambiguous philosophy like all of Nostradamus', the bible code, etc since the dawn of time. Makes for a good movie though.

Posted: May 18, 2010 at 2:33 Quote
MitchPee wrote:
Aggression wrote:

Actually no, there is nothing about "end". It is simply a transitional period in their calender which predicts a great transition. Not an end to the world.

I think it will merely be another ambiguous philosophy like all of Nostradamus', the bible code, etc since the dawn of time. Makes for a good movie though.

Salute ,So to the op stop stressing and enjoy your life.

Posted: May 21, 2010 at 21:11 Quote
Marquis beat me to it. The Mayan calendar does not predict the end of the world, it simply stops after 2012. This could quite simply mean that the calendar starts over again or that something happened, while the calendar was being made, that haulted it from being completed.
Nostradaumis' predictions are, like the bible, written somewhat metaphoriclly. He predicted that the end would be when "man turns against man" so it's more likely we are nearing another world war and less likely we'll be flooded like in "2012". That's just my take on it.

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 5:00 Quote
spydr05 wrote:
Marquis beat me to it. The Mayan calendar does not predict the end of the world, it simply stops after 2012. This could quite simply mean that the calendar starts over again or that something happened, while the calendar was being made, that haulted it from being completed.
Nostradaumis' predictions are, like the bible, written somewhat metaphoriclly. He predicted that the end would be when "man turns against man" so it's more likely we are nearing another world war and less likely we'll be flooded like in "2012". That's just my take on it.

Calender,i always thought it was a book.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010622
Mobile Version of Website