Looking to get into downhill biking, would a specialized big hit be a good choice?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Looking to get into downhill biking, would a specialized big hit be a good choice?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 20:30 Quote
interested in getting a new dh bike before the holidays. I am looking into a 07 specialized bighit right now. is that what you would recommend for a starter bike or is there another you prefer? help me out, I am new to this whole thing

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 20:33 Quote
Id say so. If I hadn't have gotten my demo, I would have gotten the high end Big Hit from last year.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 23:13 Quote
from what ive heard and seen with big hits.... they are awsome beginner bikes with loads of podium potential.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 2:26 Quote
yea, iv got a 2003 big hit with travel upgrade plates to giv it the same geo&travel as the new big hits, and it rides really wellBig Grin im startin racin nxt year, and 4 the price u cant get a much better starter dh bikeSmile

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 9:06 Quote
i have a 03 bighit spec and am currently looking for the upgrade rear linkage, but my bike is set up for downhill and it rides,corners,and takes the hits better than my aline.Cool

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 10:38 Quote
Big Hit would work alright. I raced an 04 Comp for a while, the 24 inch rear wheel was awful for racing. But the 07 has the 26 so it should be much better.

Also, if you are interested im selling a 2005 Demo 8, excellent for racing. Big Grin

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 15:17 Quote
dont get a big hit all of my freinds have them and hate them.

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 15:19 Quote
i like yeti asx it is on www.beyondbikes.com or mabe a santa cruz bullit

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 15:22 Quote
Big hits are awesome. Perfect bike for getting into downhill/freeriding. Not too expensive and gets you into the sport. from there you can find out what your more into and upgrade from there.

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 15:25 Quote
Big Hits are just a glorified trail bike. I don't get why so many people think they are great. There is way better stuff out there for around the same money give or take.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 1:29 Quote
[Quote="quantumfireball"]Big Hit would work alright. I raced an 04 Comp for a while, the 24 inch rear wheel was awful for racing. But the 07 has the 26 so it should be much better.
yea ur right, the 24" back wheel is a big let-down, u hav to pedel all the time just to keep the bike going, but if u get a newer 1 with the 26" back end, thtll be fine

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 1:37 Quote
I would say that Big Hits are good for starting out and they have 3 different versions so that you can choose something suited for different riding styles. If you might want to check out Norco A line as well. It uses the same horst link design and can usually be found for a few less dollars. Welcome to the sport.

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 6:21 Quote
iv got my big hit 4 sale if ur interested?

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 20:13 Quote
I would recomande looking into the Norco Atomic. Its an amazing bike for first class DH.:P

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012061
Mobile Version of Website