Looking to get into downhill biking, would a specialized big hit be a good choice?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Looking to get into downhill biking, would a specialized big hit be a good choice?
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
[Quote="air2k"]Big Hit is good value for money and suits pretty well for DH.

When I was about to buy dh-bike with budget. My choice was pretty much between Stinky
or Big Hit. I went with Big Hit and did some upgrades and have been quite satisfied.

i've just had a stinky... there awful... i hate the rear sus... im going with a big it 07 nowSmile

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
maybe a new rocky flatline 1 or 2

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 13:36 Quote
maxxiss wrote:
i won a big hit and i am upgrading to a demo with singles, the ONLY problem i have with my big hit is it seems like i always have to be pedaling to keep the bike moving
yep my bighit is a very slow bike, its annoying!

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 14:33 Quote
4xer wrote:
Big Hits are just a glorified trail bike. I don't get why so many people think they are great. There is way better stuff out there for around the same money give or take.

Really? I've never seen a bike that could handle near as much for that kind of money. Remember that a brand new complete big hit starts out at $1600. What would you suggest?

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 16:23 Quote
if you can afford it get a demo8. If not the big hit will perform amzing, especialy for a beginner

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
ive had a 2002 bighit for the last year as my first dh bike and theyre sweet, definately cant argue about the price and the newer shape ones come with a pretty good spec for an entry level dh bike, go for it!

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
shawndogger wrote:
interested in getting a new dh bike before the holidays. I am looking into a 07 specialized bighit right now. is that what you would recommend for a starter bike or is there another you prefer? help me out, I am new to this whole thing

A BigHit will serve you well. You can't go wrong with an FSR suspension.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
from what ive seen of bighit riders there great for getting into Dh.. id go secondhand as a money saver as its not worth spending £1000+ on something your only going to change and develop anyway!

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 12:05 Quote
crazy-canuck wrote:
if you can afford it get a demo8. If not the big hit will perform amzing, especialy for a beginner
Actually a Demo7 is cheaper and stronger.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 12:18 Quote
If you're starting a bighit would be a good bike. It's not the greatest bike in the world, but it certainly gives you the most bang for your buck.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
hey guys, just thought I would let you know that I ended up getting a ironhorse 7 point. I like it a lot. thanks for helping me out though. it helped.

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 6:33 Quote
I ride a bighit 3, it feels awsome, had no problems what so ever with it, go for it, you will love it. check my bighit out its nice

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 9:09 Quote
a rocky mountain switch is good..ive ridden one(i have one) but its too small for me but i loved the bike...im selling it now

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
I didnt wanna make a new thread ive been on a HT for a bit and im thinking of getting a stinky big hit or maybe even a norco any suggestions? i just didnt want to make a million of those what bike should i buy threads

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 9:30 Quote
Atlas77 wrote:
I didnt wanna make a new thread ive been on a HT for a bit and im thinking of getting a stinky big hit or maybe even a norco any suggestions? i just didnt want to make a million of those what bike should i buy threads

i started on a hartail, then went to my bighit, i have just been upgrading ever since, my bighit looks pimp lol, yh the bighit is amazing, had no problems what so ever, soaks up everythin that gets in its way, only problem is its got a high stand over height but to be honest that dont bother me. that is my oppinion on it. i cant say if it is better than a stinky because i have never ridden one, but i prefer the bighit in looks.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009829
Mobile Version of Website