Best helmet leatt combo?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best helmet leatt combo?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 20, 2010 at 14:51 Quote
I will buy a leatt brace dbx next month and a new helmet. Wich helmet will allow more movility?

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 15:57 Quote
To be honest only th D3 is designed for a neck brace.

I have a D3 and a leatt gpx troy lee brace and it works fine for me.

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 at 18:22 Quote
but then in total you will be spending around 800 dollars

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 at 22:51 Quote
most popular helmets will work fine. it just comes down to how you setup the brace. I run a d2 because it allows for a bit more clearance.

Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 10:43 Quote
Most helmets don't work fine. Go to bike & MX shops with your brace and try on different helmets, try on friends helmets with the brace...

Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 11:01 Quote
westcostdownhiller wrote:
but then in total you will be spending around 800 dollars

Not the best place to save some bucks...

My D3 have saved me from a sh*tload crashes and i don't want to be turned into a potato just because of some cash... Helmet

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 21:06 Quote
I now run the Troy Lee Designs SE3 and the GPX. Not a cheap set up but it works really well. I've had a lot of head hits and a lot of concussions in bicycle helmets. I'm a big fan of the moto, but the D3 is a sick option as well, only bike helmet I would consider wearing now.

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:33 Quote
I have since yesterday a Arai VX-3 Pro to match up with my Leatt GPX,more likely the most expensive setup of them all.In my opinion the Arai helmet is the best compatable helmet for my Leatt brace.Tons of head movement even in the attack possition i still head room left.

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:54 Quote
i run a THE helmet with the leatt dbx comp and find it great, i used to have a carbon tld d2 and found it have far too much clearance

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011114
Mobile Version of Website