Toras vs recons

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 6:48 Quote
looking for a good fork for my gary fisher advanced 10 i do alot of am/xc a little bit of DJ and a few drops need somthing strong cheap and versatile these are the two that i think i need but if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 9:48 Quote
you don't want to be doing any drops and Dirt Jumping on either Toras or Recons

try the legendary Rockshox Pike 454 in the Air U-Turn variety - a fantastic fork that is happy doing everything from XC rides, all-mountain riding (it comes stock on the Specialized Pitch), to dirt jumping and pump track

photo

I run a Pike 454 Air U-Turn on my bike, and its taken a proper beating (See photo above!), but still feels sweet to ride in the hills...and is not so heavy that its out of place on a trail bike

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 9:50 Quote
if it HAS to be a recon or tora, get the recon with the 20mm maxle.

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 9:51 Quote
you can pick up a Pike cheaper than a Recon 20mm Wink

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 11:28 Quote
I used qr recons for a week's downhilling and trail riding in the alps )Morzine/ Les Gets and they coped admirably. get the forks that suits 90% of your riding not the ones that you think you might need for that 10% you might do. To be honest the diffference in stregth between any forks isn't in the order of magnitudes, rather there is likely a small difference and tbh how many snapped forks do you see from regular riding. Get what you can afford, but I'd definately recomend pikes or revelations over Toras.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009194
Mobile Version of Website