Leatt brace + body amour

PB Forum :: Downhill
Leatt brace + body amour
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 13:04 Quote
I know it's pricey but I wear the Leatt GPX Club III with the Leatt Body Vest Adventure and I love them both. They work absolutely seamlessly together. The body vest is really well made and has some straps so that you can strap the neck brace right to vest but allow it to still move pretty freely. I am totally happy with the vest and think it was well worth the money.

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 14:00 Quote
I have the nukeproof jacket which goes underneigth the jearsey and the brace sits on top of the jearsey. highley recomended.

Posted: Dec 30, 2012 at 15:34 Quote
Just found this thread tjek out the combination with POC VDP 2.0 and DBX Comp.

Would like to hear why it should reverse the protection if you have the brace on top off backprotector.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=143090&pagenum=1#commentid4805801

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 7:18 Quote
I use a tld 5955. It is leatt compatible as well as astars. You just remove the plates you don't want.
The armour can be shaped around or over braces and with some leatts connected directly to it.
I have an astars brace and removed the plates to allow the armour to shape around my brace.
So armour is under the jersey and brace is on top with an astrap. Armour fits snug around the brace, brace is mounted on my body correctly, not on the armour and I can move freely, armour is nicely vented so I dont over heat and I can feel comfortable on the bike

Posted: Jan 2, 2013 at 6:15 Quote
I use the oneall stealth protector shirt, it's got D3O type foam that is apparently tenfold better at taking impacts, and gets softer as it warms and slightly molds to your body I've noticed.

It's got this foam on the spine, shoulders and elbows, with normal foam on the outer spine, chest and ribs. The elbows and shoulders are also removable. It's tight fitting, and I mean tight! (like a compression top) but it's the most un-noticeable armour I've ever worn and I won't be wearing anything else from now on. The top of the spine is missing foam to take a leatt, and it does it flawlessly.

Posted: Jan 2, 2013 at 7:20 Quote
loveforvdubs wrote:
I know it's pricey but I wear the Leatt GPX Club III with the Leatt Body Vest Adventure and I love them both. They work absolutely seamlessly together. The body vest is really well made and has some straps so that you can strap the neck brace right to vest but allow it to still move pretty freely. I am totally happy with the vest and think it was well worth the money.

This! The body vest is really well designed, Its got lots of really secure straps so you can customize the fit so that almost feels like a second skin.

Posted: Jan 3, 2013 at 17:39 Quote
leatt makes armor specifically designed to be worn with a leatt brace

Posted: Jan 13, 2013 at 20:11 Quote
https://www.troyleedesigns.com/products/5240-02

i'm interested in getting that, planning on running it minimal with just chest and back protection. does anyone have any experience with this that could give their 2 cents

Posted: Jan 13, 2013 at 22:13 Quote
Looks like the padding from under the plates on my 5955

Posted: Jun 19, 2013 at 17:32 Quote
hello
you know if the dainese gladiotor evo are compatible with the leatt brace adventure?
joasdh

Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 13:23 Quote
Check it out

http://www.xsportsprotective.com/blogs/bike-tech-talk/bicycle-neck-brace-compatibility

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018227
Mobile Version of Website