Crieff Area Bikers

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Crieff Area Bikers
Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 11:29 Quote
bobochobo wrote:
Georgy-Lowe wrote:
Grave dig! Anyone been riding in or building in comrie or up the knock recently? Made a couple of decent trails in both spots and was wandering if anyone else has been up to stuff?

I'm only in crieff summer and xmas nowadays, anything new up the knock?
yeah, me and a mate made a few steep, loamy DH trails on the upper knock but nothing lower.

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 11:30 Quote
jacque-lucque wrote:
Nothing, it's only worth doing if you link up the upper knock, Culcrieff steep, distillery run and some stuff on Bairds etc. Everything that was worth riding has been felled and pushing up and down the knock for 1 minute runs got dull anyway!
True, mostly ride around comrie now

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 16:11 Quote
Georgy-Lowe wrote:
bobochobo wrote:
Georgy-Lowe wrote:
Grave dig! Anyone been riding in or building in comrie or up the knock recently? Made a couple of decent trails in both spots and was wandering if anyone else has been up to stuff?

yeah, me and a mate made a few steep, loamy DH trails on the upper knock but nothing lower.

Does one of them have a bit where it goes under a tree which has monster logos nailed to it?

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 12:21 Quote
bobochobo wrote:
Georgy-Lowe wrote:
bobochobo wrote:

Does one of them have a bit where it goes under a tree which has monster logos nailed to it?
yeah haha

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 6:49 Quote
I just went for a cheeky wee razz around the knock and spotted, where the TP run used to be, that the Hydro appear to be making a set of dedicated bike trails! Nothing big, but lots of rollers and berms.

It's completely un-surfaced as of yet and really just a big dirty line on the Knock, but looks to be interesting. Can anyone shed any light on these developments?

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 7:03 Quote
Speak to Tom Simpson he knows.

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 8:58 Quote
jacque-lucque wrote:
I just went for a cheeky wee razz around the knock and spotted, where the TP run used to be, that the Hydro appear to be making a set of dedicated bike trails! Nothing big, but lots of rollers and berms.

It's completely un-surfaced as of yet and really just a big dirty line on the Knock, but looks to be interesting. Can anyone shed any light on these developments?

What, seriously? That's the stuff I dreamed about years ago, pictures please. Sure it's not the tractor routes?

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 9:48 Quote
jacque-lucque wrote:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 12:08 Quote
There's some basic signage, ala 'bumps', going up. I'm wondering if it's perhaps something to do with their off-road segwaying, but I guess only time will tell.

Posted: Dec 17, 2013 at 4:12 Quote
I am back from frogland this weekend, will go exploring on sunday if anyone is keen to le join?

Posted: Dec 17, 2013 at 4:14 Quote
I'm driving back sunday, if you're still around monday I'd be keen.

Posted: Dec 17, 2013 at 8:13 Quote
There's nothing to ride as of yet, it's just a big pooey line of mud, but it's well worth having a nosey at.

Regardless, more than happy to do a cheeky wee best of Crieff, singletrack razz.

Posted: Dec 17, 2013 at 10:00 Quote
Where was the TP trail? i think it was destroyed before i ever rode the knock :L

Posted: Dec 17, 2013 at 10:10 Quote
Georgy-Lowe wrote:
Where was the TP trail? i think it was destroyed before i ever rode the knock :L

There used to be a number of lines up where the teepee was, but they all died when the trees were cut down maybe 4/5 years ago. Then we built a new one, then more trees were cut down, then we built another new one, which might be still there... The teepee area is the section of the upper knock roughly facing towards perth.

Posted: Dec 17, 2013 at 10:28 Quote
oh right, i get u! Is the new one you built the one with the gap thing made of a wood frame with tonnes of branches nailed to it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010578
Mobile Version of Website