Intense 951 OR Transition Blindside OR Glory 1

PB Forum :: Downhill
Intense 951 OR Transition Blindside OR Glory 1
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 26, 2010 at 19:27 Quote
I need some help... These three bikes are all in the range of $4600 to $5000 (new). I have narrowed my choices down to the 951 with Boxxer teams and a vivid 5.1 as well as x9 and elexir r's. The blindside will have fox 40's, a RC4, x9 and elexir cr's. The Giant will have Boxxer teams, vivid 4.1, x9 and elexir r. I know that the Blindside is best fitted but what about the frame? This bike will mainly be ridden whistler and some of the local mountains in vancouver. What do you recommend?

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 19:30 Quote
prbly the blindside, great bike in general
as far as frame there is not that much different besides weight
giant glory is the lightests, 951 is medium and blindside is heaviest
but id go with the blinside cuz for the price and the sick parts it is the way to go
and lifetime crash warranty from what i've heard

Mod Plus
Posted: May 26, 2010 at 19:35 Quote
WHISTLERMANIAC98 wrote:
lifetime crash warranty from what i've heard

It's called crash replacement. Basically, if the frame breaks or gets a dent because of the rider's actions, they'll offer you a "deal" on another frame. This is not a lifetime warranty and this is a standard practice in the industry to give some sort of deal rather than paying full retail price for a bike that was damaged and not deemed as a manufacturer's defect. All manufacturers offer this crash replacement as it is easier for them to obtain the customer/keep the customer happy then to piss them off and they buy a competitor’s bike. Hard to replace customers so they’d rather retain them through crash replacement programs and gain their brand loyalty.

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 19:54 Quote
i heard that the suspension design on the transition isnt that great?

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 19:58 Quote
You are close to Van and Whis which are both loaded with shops, I'd call around to see if shops have them in stock and take them for a spin around the parking lot. Not too scientific but better then nothing.

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:01 Quote
ya theres a place that has all three in stock

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:03 Quote
Then the shop should be willing to spend some serious time with you to help you figure out how you going to hand over 5k to them. The 951 is very progessive, and will likely have a much different feel from the others.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 12:39 Quote
I cant comment on the Blindside, but dont part with cash on any current intense frame before checking its alignment, Ive had 2 slopestyles recently, both were missaligned and 3 out of five other recent intense frames ive looked at were also far from straight

never seen so many bad frames from one company before

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010476
Mobile Version of Website