Upper back pain

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 26, 2010 at 19:41 Quote
After long times riding my upper back will start to hurt and I am only fifteen, I am wondering if it is my limbs not absorbing the shock enough or if I need to do exercises for my back.

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 19:50 Quote
are you hunched over all the time? because maybe a higher rise bar would work, or maybe some back exercises.

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 19:54 Quote
Its probably due to your position on the bike, not how your joints are absorbing it because then your lower back would be more likely to ache. Take your bike into your shop and ask them to take a look at you riding around the parking lot.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 7:25 Quote
I think that it is maybe because I dont have a strong back, do you have any good back exercises. I am also going to try getting a better position.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 7:33 Quote
Go see your GP...

It could be your riding position, it could be many things. Its best to get a professional to see what is causing the pain than just guessing.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 7:55 Quote
otisl wrote:
I think that it is maybe because I dont have a strong back, do you have any good back exercises.

For that push ups, chin ups, pull ups and the core workout that Bike James did are your best bets, but don't go overboard right away.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 16:50 Quote
okay thanks I will do those, thanks for the help.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 21:11 Quote
Maybe you need to correct your stanse on your bike. It is weird to me that your upper back would be sore though...You might be holding the bars too stiffly I know that can cause tension in the back. I don't see how your suspension would cause problems to your back it is supposed to obsorbe compression. You are also 15 maybe it has to do with your growing?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010871
Mobile Version of Website