Alternative to 5 tens

PB Forum :: Downhill
Alternative to 5 tens
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 6:37 Quote
my fellow downhillers rave about 5 tens and how sticky they are to the pedals on downhill course. i do belive them but hate the look of them. cany anyone recogmend a similar sticky shoe?

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 6:43 Quote
i love my nike air mogan lows

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 7:20 Quote
5.10 free rider.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.emgem.jp/images/goods/fiveten_freerider_bgd.jpg
Wait as vans are apparently releasing one too,but it took them 5 years to release a spud vans so i wouldn't hold your breath.

Failing that go here http://www.feetfirst.resoles.co.uk/cycling_mtb_shoe_repair.php and get your fave shoes resoled with stealth rubber.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 7:25 Quote
You can buy 5.10 stealth rubber soles and have a shoe repair place put them on whatever shoe you want.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 7:46 Quote
i ride vans half cabs and i find they stick quite well to dmr v8's so with a grippier pedal they would probably work well for DH

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 7:48 Quote
kylebmx1995 wrote:
i ride vans half cabs and i find they stick quite well to dmr v8's so with a grippier pedal they would probably work well for DH

They do until they get wet/muddy or the waffle pattern wears out,5.10 grip no matter what.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 7:51 Quote
marquis wrote:
kylebmx1995 wrote:

They do until they get wet/muddy or the waffle pattern wears out,5.10 grip no matter what.

yeah thaat is annoying but ive had my vans for a year or so now and ive rode brakeless for about 3-4 months now and they still have tread left so i don't know how people can wear them out with brakes lol

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 7:52 Quote
kylebmx1995 wrote:
marquis wrote:
kylebmx1995 wrote:

yeah thaat is annoying but ive had my vans for a year or so now and ive rode brakeless for about 3-4 months now and they still have tread left so i don't know how people can wear them out with brakes lol

Mine wore out from the pedal pins,then again i am fat.lol

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 7:56 Quote
marquis wrote:
kylebmx1995 wrote:
marquis wrote:

Mine wore out from the pedal pins,then again i am fat.lol
so am i lol just bellow 14st but are you a small shoe as it could be the surface area or something i am a size 11 normally but a size 12 in vans

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 8:37 Quote
16 stone 6,3 and wear a size 10.

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 9:09 Quote
shimano am 40 are ace

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 9:26 Quote
keep it real, skate shoes

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 9:41 Quote
lukaszkrolak wrote:

argeed.

skate shoes and longer pins do the job fine.

but im pretty sure you can get a custom build shoe for Nike with the 5/10 soul.

quite pricey tho.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 10:30 Quote
lukaszkrolak wrote:

Totally fine when you live in parts of the world with no rain,for the real riders out there 5.10 are the best.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 10:34 Quote
marquis wrote:
lukaszkrolak wrote:

Totally fine when you live in parts of the world with no rain,for the real riders out there 5.10 are the best.

yeah i live in SW england. my DC's seem to be keeping up pretty well.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010019
Mobile Version of Website