Rockland Ontario Dirt jump Event

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Rockland Ontario Dirt jump Event
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 9:07 Quote
Hey guys, I am in the Rockland skate park committee, we are working towards raising funds to eventually get a skate park. As a member, I brought up the idea to have truck loads of dirt dumped in a parking lot and have a dirt jumping event. I had the mayor of the town phone the owner of a mini mall on the side of highway 17, asking if we could use part of his parking for this event. We got the approval, and I've set up a date saturday to sunday June 26 to 27th.

Basically, me and some buddies are gonna build allot of jumps on the friday night before the weekend of the event, and we want as many riders as possible to come saturday to show the community that biking is a dominant sport.

We also want to eliminate prejudice by showing parents that bikers are good people by showing their kids how to ride, build jumps and hit them safely.

Im just putting the word out their, talk to your friends, I'll post more info as it goes, thanks for reading and hope to see you their.
Feel free to leave comments.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 17:48 Quote
on na tu besoin dun casque

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 18:11 Quote
dh-alex wrote:
on na tu besoin dun casque

yea man, c partiellement pour promouvoir le fait quon fait sa en sécuriter

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 18:13 Quote
Sooo this is going to be a comp?

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 18:17 Quote
yo i talk to me mom and i thing that i can get the dirt o ya is ther gonna be prizes

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 18:22 Quote
Neeeeeeever mind, had no idea rockland was so far.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 18:39 Quote
rev4life wrote:
yo i talk to me mom and i thing that i can get the dirt o ya is ther gonna be prizes

It's already being taken care of. Thanks anywaise.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 18:41 Quote
Not decided wether their will be a competition with prizes or not, it depends on the level of interest we get. If we have enough participation, I could try to get sponsors to throw in some prizes.

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 at 7:34 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
Not decided wether their will be a competition with prizes or not, it depends on the level of interest we get. If we have enough participation, I could try to get sponsors to throw in some prizes.
talk to a guy name noah on PB, his dad can get truck loads of clay for free, he works in a foundation business, and its very easy for them to dump it there. noahsantacruize some thing broise through my friends ull find him

Posted: Apr 25, 2011 at 6:57 Quote
can you guys tell me were the skatepark is i never got the chance to ride it cause i dont know wre it is

Posted: Apr 25, 2011 at 11:56 Quote
simard56 wrote:
can you guys tell me were the skatepark is i never got the chance to ride it cause i dont know wre it is

Its not built yet, the plans are moving along but it will be a while till you see one in rockland. It will be placed in park simon, right in front of L'Escale high school.

Posted: May 29, 2011 at 6:21 Quote
sick man my cousin used to go there. so i know exactly were that is.

Posted: May 29, 2011 at 7:40 Quote
Dude this was last year...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008137
Mobile Version of Website