1.5-1 1/8 conversion headset

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
1.5-1 1/8 conversion headset
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 12:35 Quote
I want to fit my 1 1/8 steerer forks into my tapered head, 1 1/8 top 1.5 lower so i need the bottom to have the ID of 1 1/8, problem is found what i want no worrys( cane creek) but nowhere has anything in stock with a few weeks waiting time for delivery, has anyone got anyideas where i could get said item asap, cheers

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 12:42 Quote
try one of the mythic ones that you can get from freeborn

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 13:52 Quote
funny enough i got my frame from them, they were going to call me back as they were not sure which one to order, this was last week, will try them again.

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 at 14:44 Quote
i now know more,, the head on the frame is tapered which is designed for a tapered steerer so is bigger than a normal 1.5 headset od, its 56mm the top is 44mm this is fine for a tapered steerer fork as this is an off the shelf headset but for a 1 1/8th straight steerer to fit it now becomes a pain it seems, actually the next step is to get a coller turned down to take a stock headset, anyone had any experiance or ideas?

Posted: Jun 12, 2010 at 15:09 Quote
just bought a headset which the guy in the shop said would work, i'll try and fit it and keep you posted, i'm in the same predicament!

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 10:59 Quote
sorted it with a sealed chris king headset via freeborn bikes, it comes with a crown race to suit 1 1/8th and also another for a tapered steerer ( if i ever change to them)so forks are now on the bikeBig Grin did cost £132 though. Jim at freeborn knows all about this problem now so he's the man to ask.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009646
Mobile Version of Website