Nissan UCI MTB World Cup 2010 Presented By Shimano-Leogang

PB Forum :: Downhill
Nissan UCI MTB World Cup 2010 Presented By Shimano-Leogang
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 15:16 Quote
No it isn't. It definitely isn't.

I agree with you Tim, to an extent. But you're still underestimating Minaar.

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 15:16 Quote
timlake wrote:
Still doesn't change the point about the fact downhill tracks shouldn't have big long pedally straights to 'seperate the riders'.

This is why Llangollen might be poo next weekend.

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 15:17 Quote
harriieee wrote:
These guys are the top bike riders in the world. If they can't be f*cked to put in enough training to get fit in their seven-month off-season, they don't deserve to win.

Like I said, if tall guys are good at pedaling that explains why 5'9" Lance Armstrong, 5'9" Alberto Contador, 5'9" Mark Cavendish, 5'10" Floyd Landis are such colossally tall cyclists, doesn't it now.

Now you're comparing two completely different sports. There's a whole load of reasons why they're the better than the tll riders, mainly because of weight and aerodynamics.

Chris Hoy is fairly tall is he not?

There isn't many tall MX riders. Whereas they'd be better at moving the bike around. But they're too heavy...

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 15:18 Quote
harriieee wrote:

Prove it

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 15:19 Quote
harriieee wrote:

I agree with you Tim, to an extent. But you're still underestimating Minaar.

Champery. I think it's fair to say that whatever happens there will determine the outcome of this!

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 15:20 Quote
ih-sam wrote:
timlake wrote:
Still doesn't change the point about the fact downhill tracks shouldn't have big long pedally straights to 'seperate the riders'.

I can't wait to film on that long pedal straight at the top. Get some sick footage there, just like how the Motorway at the Fort provided some absolutely gnarly riding and shots.

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 15:21 Quote
ih-sam wrote:
Prove it

Internet proof lol

four of the top 5 last year were 6'1" plus.

And everything I just wrote. Increased body suspension... and for a guy of 6'1, compared to a guy of 5'7, the same wheelbase will feel way easier to maneouvre, while still giving him the same stability at speed.

lol at this pointless argument.

unsubbed until champery.

timlake wrote:
ih-sam wrote:
timlake wrote:

I can't wait to film on that long pedal straight at the top. Get some sick footage there, just like how the Motorway at the Fort provided some absolutely gnarly riding and shots.
Yeah the body positioning of the riders and the way they soak up the flat track will be amazing to watch, make sure shashta brings his super slomo as well.

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 15:22 Quote
P.S I'm not taking anything away from Minnaar. He deserves every win he's got. He's a great rider. But it just shouldn't be that a race is determined on how good at pedalling you are.

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 15:22 Quote
tehbadger wrote:

unsubbed until champery.

You have destroyed my world Danny.

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 15:23 Quote
ih-sam wrote:
timlake wrote:
ih-sam wrote:

Yeah the body positioning of the riders and the way they soak up the flat track will be amazing to watch, make sure shashta brings his super slomo as well.
I might bring my 12gb of ram that my sponsors got for me.

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 15:23 Quote
harriieee wrote:
tehbadger wrote:

unsubbed until champery.

You have destroyed my world Danny.

D: why?!

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 15:29 Quote
timlake wrote:
ih-sam wrote:
timlake wrote:

I might bring my 12gb of ram that my sponsors got for me.
What about the 7 inch LCD monitor so that i can watch my rad footage even bigger. and my rather poor lighting setup for filming at night (I will own him in this department later this year Wink )

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 0:13 Quote
Most of the flat sections in tracks are due to the shape of the hill/mountain rather than the course designers surely? You cant physically build a track that is steep all the way down on a hill that has flat bits every so often and you cant put rock gardens etc on a flat section wjich is why they end up as long flat pedally straights.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008420
Mobile Version of Website