What Do You Guys Think Of My Build?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What Do You Guys Think Of My Build?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 19:56 Quote
Hey, I'm Thinking Of Building A New Bike What Do You Guys Think Of These Specs? Thanks:

Fork: Argyle 318,
Juicy 7, 07,
Spank White Grips,
Deity Stem,
Deity Bar,
Deity BB/Crank,
Pedals Straitline,
Doberman Pinscher Frame,
Chris King Titanium Head Set,
Chris King Hubs,
Kenda K-Rads
Dt-Swiss Champion Nipples, Spokes
KMC White ½ Chain,
Blue White Industries EMO,
NYC Freeride Block,
Easton EC70 Carbon Seatpost,
Terry Butterfly Carbon Saddle,
White Syncro DPS 32H Rims,

I'm Willing To Go Full Out, Thanks For Replys!

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 20:54 Quote
dont get chris king hubs there preatty shitty

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 21:00 Quote
that looks like a super solid build but you should look into profile hubs and i wouldnt get white grips the black grips on white bar looks way better and dont get as dirty

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 21:05 Quote
i think that thats gonna make a very big hole in your wallet Razz haha but its gonna be pritty sexy!

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 21:12 Quote
say if you went for a little bit cheaper Hub, and went for the regular CK headset, you could buy a Molose with the money saved.

I strongly suggest not getting white grips (get ruined easy plus white stem bar and grips will look stupid)

and what is the white industries EMO do you mean there Cog?

Id also say a white macneil SL saddle would look sweet and believe it or not be lighter combo.

and the NYC block is both pedals and a stem both of which you already have covered so am i missing something again?

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 8:03 Quote
goin' all out shouldn't necessarily mean getting chris king. besides, if it matters, i don't think you can run a cog smaller than 13t on it.

you could also go more "all out" on yer' rubbers 2 cents . anyways, the build looks solid...pinschers are my 2nd fav' frame Smile haha

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 18:06 Quote
is this your dream build or r u for real

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 18:07 Quote
u say ur going all out then y dont u go for a mbf unless ur running pegs

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 18:07 Quote
Thiking of building it

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 18:12 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:

the pinscher has tighter stays...you can slam a 26" or 24", and have it look natural

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 20:00 Quote
nwd26 wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:

the pinscher has tighter stays...you can slam a 26" or 24", and have it look natural

ya, i agree the pinscher out of the three has the best geo...it also has a cleaner overall look. the mbf is an awsome frame and all, but it looks like frankenstein with all the steel that's welded on...it's a half pound heavier too. the pinscher is a justifiable "all out" frame.

and bud, you're still missin' a seat.post Moon

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 20:07 Quote
dont get diety cranks and BB although the look "cool" the are very weak an ive seen three guys snap them clean off there bikes , go wit profile cranks with titanium axel, you ll never break those and they look sick in black.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 20:14 Quote
free629ride wrote:
dont get diety cranks and BB although the look "cool" the are very weak an ive seen three guys snap them clean off there bikes , go wit profile cranks with titanium axel, you ll never break those and they look sick in black.

so true, diety cranks do suck.....i broke my first set, but i didn't have enought money to buy profile so i bought another set because they were on sale lol....whenever they break im getting profile

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 20:18 Quote
Stay away from a Easton EC70 carbon seatpost and go with a thomson in this build, as well as the Ti headset, the aluminum one is actually lighter!
And Chris king hubs don't suck, they have an excellent pawl system, it just needs servicing a few times a year. Go with some DT Swiss hubs instead, they'll last forever.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009828
Mobile Version of Website