Changing RockShox Argyle Springs

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Changing RockShox Argyle Springs
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 7:55 Quote
I was wondering if anyone has changed a spring in RS argyle 318's?
I have brought the softer yellow spring to fit and wondering how you went about it and if you have any tips
to make it a bit easier. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks tup

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 12:55 Quote
Any one got anything?

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 15:28 Quote
Nobody has anything? Big Grin

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 15:41 Quote
The spring is acctually quite easy to change. Now, the spring you got is ment for the Argyle right? if it is, this will take you no more than 5 minutes. First off, get a wrench that fits the large bolt on the top left crown(I think) It is the side with no adjustments on the top. Now put your bike in a stand, or somewhere where it is upright and off the ground. Unscrew this bolt completely. once it is competely unscrewed, you may need to pull it out because there is a rubber seal and it creates a lot of friction on the way out. Once this is unscrewed, you should be able to see a white plastic piece. this is conected to the spring. pull it out and the spring wil come out with it. Now, switch up the springs and but everything bac in the order you foud it. I also think that there is a plastic washer that sits between the bolt and the plasic piece on the spring, so dont for get that.

Hope this helps. If you need any other help, post it up.

~Mark

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 15:45 Quote
Nice one thanks. Yea i got the argyle spring kit coming tomorrow morning so will fit that no problem by sounds of it.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 8:26 Quote
changed the spring today. was really easy and you were spot on. now feels perfect thanks

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 at 22:26 Quote
Does anyone know where to get these springs in Europe? What springs come with the fork from the factory? And how soft is the softest spring for it?

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 12:06 Quote
check on RS site for local dealers and they will get them in for you. they are around £20. not sure what that is in euros.

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 19:57 Quote
alright really stupid question haha i bought a pair of forks used and they are 80mm how do i get them to 100mm

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 2:40 Quote
NorcoFoRLiFe7 wrote:
alright really stupid question haha i bought a pair of forks used and they are 80mm how do i get them to 100mm
just take out the spacer.

do the opposite to this lol http://rlee560.pinkbike.com/blog/lowerargyle.html

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 12:18 Quote
is that the thing that sits on top of the spring when i take off the top bolt

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 8:25 Quote
NorcoFoRLiFe7 wrote:
is that the thing that sits on top of the spring when i take off the top bolt

yes it is indeed, as long as u have 302's or 318's this will work tup

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 10:19 Quote
dg85 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has changed a spring in RS argyle 318's?
I have brought the softer yellow spring to fit and wondering how you went about it and if you have any tips
to make it a bit easier. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks tup
ive found the booklet on how to change the spring i want to do the exact same thing the rpomblem is i have no idea where to buy the sping coulsd you help dude

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014375
Mobile Version of Website