Cranks spinning while doing a no foot can

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Cranks spinning while doing a no foot can
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 at 23:38 Quote
When ever i do a no foot can i can kick my feet out perfectly but i dont always land on my pedals because they spin so im basically doing a no foot can crank flip how can i stop the crank from spinning in the air.

Posted: Jun 26, 2010 at 0:43 Quote
Depending on your set up,you can either tighten your crank arms or tighten the bottom bracket.

If you tighten the crank arms,it will put more pressure on the bearings so it will not move to freely and keep your crank arms from moving or spinning.

Posted: Jun 26, 2010 at 1:28 Quote
cut off ur grip flange and stick it on thee spindle behind the sprocket so it creates enought friction so itll stop them from spinning. if u dont have flanges u can cut off then u can tighten up ur chain to the max but i dont recomend doing this.and dont tighten up the bottom bracket bots either u dont wat to destroy the bearings.

Posted: Jun 26, 2010 at 1:30 Quote
hold youe back break in the air.

Posted: Jun 26, 2010 at 6:18 Quote
katatonia wrote:
cut off ur grip flange and stick it on thee spindle behind the sprocket so it creates enought friction so itll stop them from spinning.

This is how the pros do it either using a grip flange or part of an old tube cut into a donut.

Posted: Jun 26, 2010 at 7:11 Quote
No seriously, Tight your chain as much as possible and use a 45 to block your wheel when you tight it, then remove grease on back hub a little bit, than apply the more pression possible to your pedal, like press them with your 2 foot so they touch the ground. Once you did all that, your cranks will always stay when you barspin tailwhip ect. Smile

np

Posted: Jun 26, 2010 at 7:41 Quote
take a link out of your chain, then pedal the chain on the sprocket. = super tight chain = no crank spin.

Posted: Jun 26, 2010 at 7:43 Quote
niagarast wrote:
take a link out of your chain, then pedal the chain on the sprocket. = super tight chain = no crank spin.

Super tight chain also = shorter drivetrain life

The grip flange/tube idea is the best route.

Posted: Jun 26, 2010 at 7:43 Quote
or buy a halflink then its not overly tight.

i hate the chain when it clinks on the Chain stays so i tighten the crap out of the chain

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 at 14:48 Quote
tighten your chain and cranks

Posted: Jul 13, 2010 at 6:47 Quote
110% best idea is here. it is what i have done and what others have doen and has a picture so u get the idea. hopfully i solve the problem.

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 at 7:08 Quote
throw some zip ties between the sprocket and the the bottom bracket tube....it creates friction and stops the cranks just enough

Posted: Jul 13, 2010 at 7:25 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
niagarast wrote:

Super tight chain also = shorter drivetrain life

The grip flange/tube idea is the best route.

I agree with the old tube. With super tight chain its possible that it breaks where you least want. Even if it not break, your transmission will drain money from your pocket.Rolleyes

Posted: Jul 13, 2010 at 7:58 Quote
just tighten your cranks a bit tighter, i was having the same problem, so i just tightened them and i was good as gold

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 at 3:41 Quote
Just make sure you take both feet of the pedals at the same time then they won't spin!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017939
Mobile Version of Website