Midlands/Staffordshire Trails/Jumps/Skatepark locations thread.

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Midlands/Staffordshire Trails/Jumps/Skatepark locations thread.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2010 at 10:19 Quote
Basically, I want to put together a big list of skateparks, jumps, pumptracks that are worth visiting around staffordshire and the midlands.

I'll add a few I've visited or know of to get it started.
Jumps have to be of decent size otherwise they're not worth visiting. (3-4 foot+ high lips)

Skateparks

Bottesford Skatepark (Bottesford - Between Nottingham and Grantham)
Alvaston
Burton
Rugeley
Landywood
Stoke Plaza
Burntwood
Tamworth
Hednesford
Fradley
Stapleford Skatepark (a.k.a Hickens) (Stapleford)
Matlock Skatepark (Matlock)

Jumps

Bestwood (nottingham
Wirksworth Trails (Wirksworth - nr Matlock)
Landywood
Stafford (location unknown, any rough pointers would be much appreciated)

Pumptracks or BMX tracks

Bulwell BMX track
Derby - Alvaston BMX track
Crewe BMX track

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 at 3:34 Quote
Isnt there a pumptrack in Derby? I dont know where exactly, but im pretty sure there is one somewhere.

Theres a nice concrete park at Shobnall in Burton on Trent near me.

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 at 4:19 Quote
A few local ones around here are...

Chesterfield BMX track - Ringwood - nr Chesterfield
Monkey Bumps DJ's - Beauchief - between Chesterfield and Sheffield
Bottesford Skatepark - Bottesford - Between Nottingham and Grantham
Stapleford Skatepark a.k.a Hickens - Stapleford
Wirksworth Trails - Wirksworth - nr Matlock
Denby Skatepark - Denby
Shining Cliff DH Tracks - Ambergate
Ripley Skatepark - Ripley
Belper Skatepark - Belper
Annesley DJ's - Annesley (Just off Junction 27 of M1)
Matlock Skatepark - Matlock
Neather Heage Skatepark - Neather Heage
Heage Skatepark - Heage
Markeaton Skatepark - Markeaton Park, Derby
Bestwood DH tracks and DJ's - Bestwood Village - Nottingham
Bulwell BMX track - Bulwell - Nottingham
Radcliffe Skatepark - Radcliffe
Bones Indoor Skatepark - Stockport/Manchester
Central Indoor Skatepark - Mancehster
Adrenaline Alley Indoor Skatepark - Corby
Boneyard Indoor Skatepark - Chester
Creation Indoor Park (used to be Epic) - Birmingham
The Works Indoor Skatepark - Leeds
Wincobank Pump Track - Sheffield (Just North of Meadowhall)
Alvaston BMX track (Derby track) also has a skatepark next to it

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 at 4:26 Quote
awesome, cheers guys

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 at 4:28 Quote
tehbadger wrote:
awesome, cheers guys
EDIT:

Few More added.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 at 13:38 Quote
If anyone wants to check out my trails drop me a PM, got about 2.5km of trails at hopwas woods, some great stuff.

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 at 15:22 Quote
Sherwood forest DJ's too. Wink

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 7:22 Quote
Hemlock Stone Nottingham jumps

Posted: Jul 17, 2010 at 2:50 Quote
dj area in swadlincote (10 mins from burton)

thread explains all

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=104305

Posted: Jul 20, 2010 at 13:05 Quote
witny wrote:
Isnt there a pumptrack in Derby? I dont know where exactly, but im pretty sure there is one somewhere.

Theres a nice concrete park at Shobnall in Burton on Trent near me.

the pump track at derby is behind the 2nd berm of the big track i think.. some pretty good jumps with some random downhill stuff is Shepshed trails Smile

Posted: Aug 10, 2010 at 13:26 Quote
hey all!

cannock chase , style cop and other side of the car park some nice jumps and dh tracks and some free ride bit of shore there too. some freeride and an 8 pack the otherside of the car park too.

hardwick near sutton coldfeild. nice jump spot has a 3 main lines and a couple that go off and come round and stuff pritty sweet spot.... havent road ther for a while so not sure of what its like now

sutton park 4 oaks jumps. there are always gettin bigger but nice jump spot from gaps to packs and random bits pritty sweet.

3 crowns.. not too much hear just a few big tables and a 6 pack this ones near aldridge on skip lane.

parks just bloxwich and aldridge, landywood/cheslyn hay is prolly the best bet

if anyone knows anywhere else near me let me no Smile be good to ride some new stuff! or if ur in teh area and rideing by me give us a shout Big Grin

Posted: Aug 10, 2010 at 15:39 Quote
nev1010 wrote:
hey all!

cannock chase , style cop and other side of the car park some nice jumps and dh tracks and some free ride bit of shore there too. some freeride and an 8 pack the otherside of the car park too.

hardwick near sutton coldfeild
. nice jump spot has a 3 main lines and a couple that go off and come round and stuff pritty sweet spot.... havent road ther for a while so not sure of what its like now

sutton park 4 oaks jumps. there are always gettin bigger but nice jump spot from gaps to packs and random bits pritty sweet.

3 crowns.. not too much hear just a few big tables and a 6 pack this ones near aldridge on skip lane.

parks just bloxwich and aldridge, landywood/cheslyn hay is prolly the best bet

if anyone knows anywhere else near me let me no Smile be good to ride some new stuff! or if ur in teh area and rideing by me give us a shout Big Grin

adding bolded spots, got landywood already, whats bloxwich skatepark like and which of the two train stations is closer?

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 at 10:38 Quote
bloxwich train station is close to it.
its not very big though
its in a place called king georges park just off the stafford road.
theres also a little one in aldridge by the industrial estate its called leiswood skatepark and is near the strugleing monkey pub (dunno if the pubs still called that as looked like was closeing down when i saw it las)

bmx/4x track track in telford
hard to explain to get to but ill give some directions when i find it out. its pritty sweet has a bit of a 4x track and 3 lines of tabletops
not the biggest but its pritty sweet to ride. its also gravel stuff/mudd so its ok in the wet to ride too

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 at 4:28 Quote
Western park in leicester-its got a pump track and a few good jump lines from huge 40 ft gaps to little tabletop's to mess around on tup

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 at 5:27 Quote
=some more spots from me Big Grin

sandhills bronwhills. this has loads of doubles tables and random gaps pritty sweet spot big and small stuff there. this is located just outside brownhills town centre near the canal just over the road from the A5 also theres a little skatepark on the way to it as well if your comeing from brownhills centre.

another spot i have forgot to mention is linley woods in aldridge. this is more of a mess about freeride place. the place is in aldridge on middlemore lane west.
take a shovel if your going hear tho as its one of those places u can always see new lines or nice jumps emerging from. i havent been to linley for around a year tho so couldent tell you what the state of it now is.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016131
Mobile Version of Website