Classic Rock Appreciation Thread

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Classic Rock Appreciation Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 at 23:15 Quote
The way I see it, music has hit an all time low, minus a few exceptions. The world seems to be consumed by auto tune pop rap garbage and terrible whiny rock boy bands. No longer are the days of true rock. This thread is to appreciate all that is classic rock. Share your favorite songs or bands, best concerts you've been to, personal stories or anything else relating to classic rock. I don't know if there are many of you out there that appreciate the classics, but we'll have to see.

To get started, the best artist I've ever seen live would have to be none other than Neil Young. The guy is amazing. Here's Neil Young performing Don't Let it Bring You Down for the BBC in 1971:

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 at 23:23 Quote
Yeah! I listen to everything, other than studio gangster rap. Rush, aerosmith, def leppard, stones, beatles all for the win!

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 at 23:39 Quote
redneckbmx wrote:
Yeah! I listen to everything, other than studio gangster rap. Rush, aerosmith, def leppard, stones, beatles all for the win!
redneckbmx wrote:
Good little list there. Rush or the Stones would have to be my favorites of the bunch. Aerosmith would be a close 3rd, followed by The Beatles and then Def Leppard. Some of my fave songs from each:

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 at 9:29 Quote

I approve of this thread. Salute

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 at 16:19 Quote
Good stuff there man. tup

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 15:26 Quote
+1 on April Whine, Beatles, and Niel Young.

I'l help!Salute
Who else has seem this movie at least 4 times?Beer

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 at 0:03 Quote
Almost hit bottom, lets keep this thing alive!

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 at 18:15 Quote
I picked up some tickets to Ozzy for his stop in E-Town next month. Should be a gooder of a show. Some of my favorite tunes from Mr. Osbourne:

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 2:54 Quote
ELO
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Led Zeppelin

Journey

I could keep going on and on but for now lets see what others have got to share
keep this thread alive.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 18:03 Quote
Good stuff.

I can never get enough of the drums in When the Levee Breaks. It's such a simple beat, yet it's so solid and definitive. Gotta love Bonzo. More Zeppelin:

Random Fact: Hey Hey What Can I Do never made it onto a Zeppelin album.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 21:29 Quote
All great tunes above!

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 14:14 Quote
Its safe to say everything from The Wall was amazing great story and artwork.

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 17:48 Quote
I've still yet to see The Wall. Cry

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 19:09 Quote
Watch away... The Wall is definitely one of my favorite movies.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014549
Mobile Version of Website