Classic Rock Appreciation Thread

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Classic Rock Appreciation Thread
Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 13:35 Quote
I am falling into the quicksand of my troubled mind.....

Posted: Jul 30, 2011 at 11:42 Quote
This whole album is unreal.

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 at 22:30 Quote
Super good live version of Jefferson Airplane's biggest hits, White Rabbit and Somebody to Love:

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 at 15:47 Quote
justin99 wrote:
The way I see it, music has hit an all time low, minus a few exceptions. The world seems to be consumed by auto tune pop rap garbage and terrible whiny rock boy bands. No longer are the days of true rock. This thread is to appreciate all that is classic rock. Share your favorite songs or bands, best concerts you've been to, personal stories or anything else relating to classic rock. I don't know if there are many of you out there that appreciate the classics, but we'll have to see.

To get started, the best artist I've ever seen live would have to be none other than Neil Young. The guy is amazing. Here's Neil Young performing Don't Let it Bring You Down for the BBC in 1971:

Couldn't have put it better myself, also, Justin you appear to have an impeccable taste in music.

A few of my favourite songs ever. As you can see I love Maiden aha.

Maybe my favourite live performance.

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 at 16:41 Quote
crashin wrote:
*SNIP

Couldn't have put it better myself, also, Justin you appear to have an impeccable taste in music.

Thanks man. Good bunch of videos you posted there too. tup

I suppose I'll keep with the metal theme, Sabbath in particular:

Anyone else super stoked about their reunion?

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 at 16:50 Quote
So stoked, I know they are old boys now but I'm sure they're still going to smash every venue they play.

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 at 16:53 Quote
crashin wrote:
So stoked, I know they are old boys now but I'm sure they're still going to smash every venue they play.
I saw Ozzy earlier this year and he hasn't missed a beat. If they can put it all together, it should make for a great tour. I just really hope they make it out my way, ha ha.

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 at 12:50 Quote
justin99 wrote:
crashin wrote:
I saw Ozzy earlier this year and he hasn't missed a beat. If they can put it all together, it should make for a great tour. I just really hope they make it out my way, ha ha.

Aha I'm sure they will. Do you know when they're announcing dates?

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 at 14:43 Quote
crashin wrote:
justin99 wrote:
crashin wrote:

Aha I'm sure they will. Do you know when they're announcing dates?
This is what's been posted so far.

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 at 16:08 Quote
Gravy train anyone? Sub'd Wink

Posted: Nov 26, 2011 at 23:37 Quote
OP you have a sick taste in music first of all.

My personal favourite band

Then just some others

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 16:44 Quote
'Tis a shame it's censored, but that's what you get if you want to broadcast on network television:

Studio version and uncensored:

Random Fact: GNR was the first concert I ever went to. However, it unfortunately was only about 5 years ago or so.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021754
Mobile Version of Website