RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 6:02 Quote
Is there a way to install the tokens for a 2015 Lyrik or Pike into a 26" Lyrik?

I tuned my fork to have a better bottomless behavior but I lost a good amount of respond on the small hits.

I'm 72kg, switch from 40psi to 45psi on my rc2dh solo air, solved the bottom out but lost sag and sensitivity.

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 6:03 Quote
also- I'm planning to see what kind of small bump response i can get by removing all of the spring preload on the shims and running a two-stage stack, something like 20-20-17x0.15-13x0.15-20-20-13-10.
means the HSC adjustment won't do anything but it's a small price to pay if it works as it should. I'll keep you all posted!

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 6:04 Quote
rainan wrote:

I tuned my fork to have a better bottomless behavior but I lost a good amount of respond on the small hits.

I'm 72kg, switch from 40psi to 45psi on my rc2dh solo air, solved the bottom out but lost sag and sensitivity.

how are you running so little air, what sag % are you at?

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 7:09 Quote
riish wrote:
no oil in the lowers or in the air spring? 6ml is a small enough volume that when coated across everything it might not be 100% visible. a slight oil loss is also normal and assuming you've been riding for the last few months, i would expect a small loss.

have you checked the oil level of the right side damper?

no oil in the air spring
just take the air cap and look inside,was expecting to see some red motorex on the white plastic cap
all seems bone dry
have put 2 ml and close again.

havent cheked the quantity in the lowers, im trying to find the o ring sizes and then strip the thing and put new orings.

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 12:20 Quote
riish wrote:
rainan wrote:

how are you running so little air, what sag % are you at?

40psi 20%
45psi 15%

Need tokens

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 12:22 Quote
Can't get tokens for older lyriks.

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 13:13 Quote
what you can do though is glue things to the bottom of the air spring cap to reduce volume. i believe novajustin was talking about it a few pages back, have a look.

considering I'm 80kg and running 70psi for 15%, something seems up with your pressures. could be high stiction, you done a lowers service recently?

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 13:18 Quote
machuqueiro wrote:
riish wrote:
no oil in the lowers or in the air spring? 6ml is a small enough volume that when coated across everything it might not be 100% visible. a slight oil loss is also normal and assuming you've been riding for the last few months, i would expect a small loss.

no oil in the air spring
just take the air cap and look inside,was expecting to see some red motorex on the white plastic cap
all seems bone dry

havent cheked the quantity in the lowers, im trying to find the o ring sizes and then strip the thing and put new orings.

your best bet would be to buy the lyrik service kit, it's got every o-ring and glide ring that you'll need. i doubt you've destroyed an o-ring in two months though. when you say it feels funny, what's it doing that's not right?

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 15:10 Quote
riish wrote:
machuqueiro wrote:
riish wrote:

no oil in the air spring
all seems bone dry

your best bet would be to buy the lyrik service kit, it's got every o-ring and glide ring that you'll need. i doubt you've destroyed an o-ring in two months though. when you say it feels funny, what's it doing that's not right?

yes better go RS full kit. because not 2 months of riding as the origs on the spring side are still the orignal ones...
normaly every 6 months strip, clean,new oils (motorex) and sometimes new rebound oring.
now is feeling more harsh, bad on small bumps.

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 17:40 Quote
Without being able to actually look at the fork, I'd just advise you to service everything, change over all the o-rings and see. Pike seals/slick honey/thicker lowers oil can all help with small bump sensitivity while you've got it all apart.

Sorry I can't be more specific but it 'lack of small bump sensitivity' is a fairly general problem that could be any number of things.

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 18:14 Quote
Is it difficult to make solo air into coil want to adjust my fork and forget about it

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 1:47 Quote
riish wrote:
Without being able to actually look at the fork, I'd just advise you to service everything, change over all the o-rings and see. Pike seals/slick honey/thicker lowers oil can all help with small bump sensitivity while you've got it all apart.

Sorry I can't be more specific but it 'lack of small bump sensitivity' is a fairly general problem that could be any number of things.

tanks riish
going to order the service kit

about the lowers oil allway think that a thinner oil would improve not a thicker one

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 2:41 Quote
Thicker oil is a better lubricant.

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 4:53 Quote
jaame wrote:
Thicker oil is a better lubricant.

This. It tends to stay on whatever surface it's on and coat it, instead of pooling at the bottom of the lowers.

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 4:54 Quote
what do you advise.
20w or have engine oils at home 5/30 and 15/40 syntetic

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015306
Mobile Version of Website