RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 0:39 Quote
Rebound: open it up all the way. Then hammer the bike with your whole weight and release the handlebars. It should bounce off the ground. Add rebound compression untill the bike stops bouncing off the ground. Dunno exact number of clicks, but this puts you thrid of the way from the fastest.

Low speed 4 clicks, high speed 4 clicks.

That's the recomended base

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 19:42 Quote
shoshy wrote:
Rebound: open it up all the way. Then hammer the bike with your whole weight and release the handlebars. It should bounce off the ground. Add rebound compression untill the bike stops bouncing off the ground. Dunno exact number of clicks, but this puts you thrid of the way from the fastest.

Low speed 4 clicks, high speed 4 clicks.

That's the recomended base

It's a place to start, thank you

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 22:42 Quote
What is the difference between Lyrik RCT3 and MY17 Lyrik RCT3?

Also, I have a totem 26 180mm on my old canyon torque and I'd like to ask whether it would be ok to replace it with a Lyrik RCT3 but still use my 26 inch front wheel. Would there be a disadvantage to this bastardisation?

Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 1:14 Quote
Anyone got any advice for a Uturn Coil winding itself down?

thanks

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 3:45 Quote
Yeah, remove one ball bearing. It'll provide some friction that will stop self winding.

Posted: Oct 3, 2017 at 1:40 Quote
iffy wrote:
Anyone got any advice for a Uturn Coil winding itself down?

thanks
I used pen springs and more of the detent balls so it stayed in place. But either approach works honestly.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 14:43 Quote
Anyone found a good lsc and rebound setting for a 170mm 2018 Lyrik Rct3?

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 12:38 Quote
Anyone else with mission control lyrik solo air have a loud beginning compression and top out clunk noise? The oil level is fine. Comp damper is fine.

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 12:50 Quote
william4269 wrote:
Anyone else with mission control lyrik solo air have a loud beginning compression and top out clunk noise? The oil level is fine. Comp damper is fine.

Doesn't sound right, mine made a little noise through the stroke but nothing loud. Perhaps check your rebound seal head and the rebound piston.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 19:34 Quote
My 2012 Giant Reign X2 came with a Lyrik R Coil 160mm. I was considering replacing it with something better before the start of the season and only just learned that the internals could be upgraded. Then I went down the SRAM rabbit hole of upgrade options and got confused. From the SRAM website, it seems like I should get the "Lyrik 26" Charger Damper upgrade Kit", but also see other people mentioning adding Mission Control at the same time. I'm pedalling some uphills, riding downhills and occasionally in the bike park.

Is it just hte Charger Damper Upgrade kit I need? Or should I add something else to that list?
What should I expect to pay for those upgrades?
Am I better off sending the fork somewhere to have the work done, or should I order the parts + labour through my LBS?
Should I scrap the upgrade idea entirely and just buy a newer Lyrik for some reason?

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 21:08 Quote
mikejl29 wrote:
My 2012 Giant Reign X2 came with a Lyrik R Coil 160mm. I was considering replacing it with something better before the start of the season and only just learned that the internals could be upgraded. Then I went down the SRAM rabbit hole of upgrade options and got confused. From the SRAM website, it seems like I should get the "Lyrik 26" Charger Damper upgrade Kit", but also see other people mentioning adding Mission Control at the same time. I'm pedalling some uphills, riding downhills and occasionally in the bike park.

Is it just hte Charger Damper Upgrade kit I need? Or should I add something else to that list?
Am I better off sending the fork somewhere to have the work done, or should I order the parts + labour through my LBS?
Should I scrap the upgrade idea entirely and just buy a newer Lyrik for some reason?
mission control damper and charger damper are exclusive to eachother. everybody pretty much recommends charger. i have the mission control on my lyrik u-turn coil from a while ago, and i like it a lot because it has lock out, and i can put it at 115 for xc or 160 for dh. and 140 for trail, but who really does that? it feels pretty great to me too.

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 at 18:11 Quote
I have the charger damper in a pike and personally don't like it. After 5 clicks it doesn't change much till you lock it out. The small bump is ok but nothing to brag about. I changed it to a fast C03 damper and it's much better

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 1:47 Quote
william4269 wrote:
I have the charger damper in a pike and personally don't like it. After 5 clicks it doesn't change much till you lock it out. The small bump is ok but nothing to brag about. I changed it to a fast C03 damper and it's much better

I feel the same way. I've had a mates devinci spartan sitting around the workshop as I changed the rebound seal head for him. The compression range feels almost useless and far too light. My mission control lyrik was better and my float 36 is far superior to both.

The mission control damper is the thing you need though. If you're willing to pay shipping to canada I may have a spare lying around you can have. Will check later this week.

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 21:09 Quote
mikejl29 wrote:

After trying both the MissionControl and Charger dampers in my Lyrik I finally sprung for an Avalanche damper and could not be happier. Do it right the first time, go with the low maintenance, reliable, custom tuned Avalanche damper.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015584
Mobile Version of Website