What oil weight is that?

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
15wt speed lube and 5wt damper side

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 17:12 Quote
Did you put enough oil in the damper? I believe it's 193ml for 170mm travel

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:

The damping on my lyrik did absolutely nothing until I moved to 10wt in the damper. 12.5wt was perfect for me with extra shims inserted, weighing 83kg.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 5:02 Quote
riish wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:

The damping on my lyrik did absolutely nothing until I moved to 10wt in the damper. 12.5wt was perfect for me with extra shims inserted, weighing 83kg.

Went to 10wt with the pike seals. I'm only 160lbs

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
i can try to change the oil but im concerned that the damper it self might be f*cked up

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 18:24 Quote
I use 5wt synthetic and have no issues with the damping and I'm a hell of alot bigger then you guys

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 6:06 Quote
thx guys , i think ive put not enough oil

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
riish wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:

how did the 12.5wt effect the rebound side of things? and what kind shim stack you using>

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
riish wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:

how did the 12.5wt effect the rebound side of things? and what kind shim stack you using>

Rebound had to be sped up a little, but I could still get it right with the stock rebound piston/shims.

With the shimstack, I removed the HSC adjuster to have no shim preload, and added extra shims to the middle and end of the stack to account for it. I don't have the damper anymore unfortunately, but it worked amazingly. Super compliant initially but still well controlled.

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
ive put more oil in my fork and it still doeesnt work

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 18:06 Quote
so i have a totem that i'm trying to service, i'm having trouble with a bolt on the lower. it's a 5mm but it has a hex shaped thing in the middle in the center of it? how do i get the bolt out?

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
BCtrailrider wrote:
so i have a totem that i'm trying to service, i'm having trouble with a bolt on the lower. it's a 5mm but it has a hex shaped thing in the middle in the center of it? how do i get the bolt out?

Is it like a pin that sticks up in the middle?

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
BCtrailrider wrote:

Attach a pic

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 18:56 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
BCtrailrider wrote:

Attach a pic
yeah the pin in the middle of the right side bolt on the lower

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017905
Mobile Version of Website