RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 19:22 Quote
BCtrailrider wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Is it like a pin that sticks up in the middle?

Attach a pic
yeah the pin in the middle of the right side bolt on the lower

Grab the bolt with vise grips and see if you can turn it. If you get it out take it to your bike shop and see if they have one without the pin... It's a dumb bolt to stop people without "special tools " from working in it..

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 19:33 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
BCtrailrider wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Attach a pic

Grab the bolt with vise grips and see if you can turn it. If you get it out take it to your bike shop and see if they have one without the pin... It's a dumb bolt to stop people without "special tools " from working in it..

If you bike shop doesn't have one, any fastener shop will those are pretty common bolts

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 20:01 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
BCtrailrider wrote:

If you bike shop doesn't have one, any fastener shop will those are pretty common bolts
it has a adjustment thing i think, its a reddish pink cap that i can just pull off to expose the bolt with the pin that turns something but i do not know if it does anything

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 20:13 Quote
BCtrailrider wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

it has a adjustment thing i think, its a reddish pink cap that i can just pull off to expose the bolt with the pin that turns something but i do not know if it does anything

Ah shit man I thought it was the other bolt... That's your rebound knob... Upload a pic so I can see what you are talking about

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 20:26 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
BCtrailrider wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Ah shit man I thought it was the other bolt... That's your rebound knob... Upload a pic so I can see what you are talking about
i actually have nothing to take a picture of it with

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 20:40 Quote
BCtrailrider wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
BCtrailrider wrote:

i actually have nothing to take a picture of it with

photo

Your bolt look like this

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 12:29 Quote
Would a boxxer RC rebound damper fit a lyrik RC2L?

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 1:46 Quote
Is it possible to change a two step lyric(160mm) on a 2017 Trek Slash to a debonair 170mm travel fork thats solo air air?

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 7:20 Quote
hvmatt wrote:
Is it possible to change a two step lyric(160mm) on a 2017 Trek Slash to a debonair 170mm travel fork thats solo air air?

No it's not the debonair spring has a different shaft end then the 2 step it won't fit into the lowers

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 3:47 Quote
I have a mico rebound and damper for my totem thats currently moco. apparently you need a new damper/rebound tube too which i realized after tearing the whole fork down.... does anyone have any leads on one? the only one I've found, and I've looked a lot, is at a romanian online dealer who apparently doesnt ship to the us. i sent an email out to rockshox as well but haven't gotten a response yet. Its convenient you can find the rebound and damper easily but not the tube....... this is the part number 11.4015.427.020

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 6:54 Quote
Need help. Just serviced the air side of my solo air Totem and when I put it back together it feels like the negative side is not equalizing with the positive side. I put all my weight on it and it doesn't move AT ALL. It worked before I replaced the o-rings and other small parts in the rebuild kit. I've taken it apart twice now, same result. The air spring is NOT the one with blue top if that helps, if that one is better I will get it. The inner tubes are flawless, the fork has seen little use and is in great condition. What could I have done wrong?

Thanks, Brenda

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
motochick wrote:
Need help. Just serviced the air side of my solo air Totem and when I put it back together it feels like the negative side is not equalizing with the positive side. I put all my weight on it and it doesn't move AT ALL. It worked before I replaced the o-rings and other small parts in the rebuild kit. I've taken it apart twice now, same result. The air spring is NOT the one with blue top if that helps, if that one is better I will get it. The inner tubes are flawless, the fork has seen little use and is in great condition. What could I have done wrong?

Thanks, Brenda

What did you use to grease the spring .. and if you look that the piston head at the top there is a circlip and a wavy spring it allows the piston head to move a bit to equalize the chamber's if it doesn't move up and down that's probably your issue

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
Thank you for the reply. I used suspension oil for lube and the piston head moves, that was the first thing I checked.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 7:53 Quote
motochick wrote:
Thank you for the reply. I used suspension oil for lube and the piston head moves, that was the first thing I checked.

Hmm that's odd let me think on it a bit..

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 12:15 Quote
Check if there is any grease blocking the air transfer port

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014777
Mobile Version of Website