RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
Air transfer port? The flat spot on the shaft? Checked it, no grease.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 13:51 Quote
He's thinking that little notch they started putting in the stanchion .. the older forks didn't have it

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 12:00 Quote
I solved the problem. I replaced the brand new top part (the one with the little holes) with the used one and it works fine. The brand new part in the rebuild kit was faulty. Thanks for the help.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 7:53 Quote
Bit of a weird question. But I just came across the new RockShox Pikes that look so nice in silver. But they said they only come with a tapered steer tube that wouldn't fit my 1 1/8 frame. Just curious if it's possible to replace the top crowns on single crown forks? if the stanchion are the same size and width between them. I'm sure it's not cheap but just curious if this is possible?
photo

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
It is possible, although you’d need to find a replacement 1 1/8th CSU from a fork with the same airspring and damper threading. You may have more luck just buying the silver lowers.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
Can't some tapered forks be ran in a 1 1/8 steer of you use a external headset cup?

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 17:57 Quote
hi guys , i removed the protective tape from my totem forks and the lowers have glue from the tape and im really struggling to remove the glue wd40 doesnt seem to help , any tips ?

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
hi guys , i removed the protective tape from my totem forks and the lowers have glue from the tape and im really struggling to remove the glue wd40 doesnt seem to help , any tips ?

Brake cleaner and an old towel, will require some elbow grease but will see the old adhesive gone

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 15:02 Quote
i have other issue with my totem , my mission control dh doesnt seem to affect by anny means the stiffness of the fork i bottom out weather it is hsc and lsc on hardest or the softest

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 6:05 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
i have other issue with my totem , my mission control dh doesnt seem to affect by anny means the stiffness of the fork i bottom out weather it is hsc and lsc on hardest or the softest
Got enough oil?

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:

Mine did the same. Try rebuilding it with heavier oil, like 10w.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
I also run 10w in mine

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
i have put more oil in it , but it keeps really soft

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 15:06 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
i have put more oil in it , but it keeps really soft

you running spring or air?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014017
Mobile Version of Website