RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
Brzzi wrote:
How Custom did you go with Lyrik/Totem did you go?

I was just wandering what is possible?

Not sure if this is directed at anyone specific but I have an open bath, custom damper (avalanche) in my Totem and it is a completely different fork. More like what my moto fork would feel like if it were shrunk. Feels amazing, no brake dive, soaks up everything, easier to maintain!

Brenda

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 0:28 Quote
I made some custom mods to a MiCo damper back a few years ago that transformed it completely. It involved removing the HSC adjustments and re-shimming it. Without the linear spring acting as shim preload, sensitivity was much better, and I could then tune damping support exactly as I wanted it from there. Happy to provide specifics if you want to copy it.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 23:28 Quote
riish wrote:
I made some custom mods to a MiCo damper back a few years ago that transformed it completely. It involved removing the HSC adjustments and re-shimming it. Without the linear spring acting as shim preload, sensitivity was much better, and I could then tune damping support exactly as I wanted it from there. Happy to provide specifics if you want to copy it.

Will be good if you can do that.

I like experimeting with stuff, have lots of forks laying around.
I all ready did 26" Lyrik, full custom only thing that is left on it is Crown now planing to do a Totem up.

Will post pics later as i am on work now.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
I have a RockShox Lyrik rc2 dh solo air 170mm that I upgraded to pike seals a few years ago and it made a nice difference. I was off of the bike for a couple of years and am now getting back into riding. Is there any damper or air spring upgrades available? From a good search, it looks like there is a charger 2 upgrade available but didn't see any air spring upgrades. Just wanted some advice on how to improve my fork. Thanks

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 15:03 Quote
Reds4biturbo wrote:
I have a RockShox Lyrik rc2 dh solo air 170mm that I upgraded to pike seals a few years ago and it made a nice difference. I was off of the bike for a couple of years and am now getting back into riding. Is there any damper or air spring upgrades available? From a good search, it looks like there is a charger 2 upgrade available but didn't see any air spring upgrades. Just wanted some advice on how to improve my fork. Thanks

If you don't have Debon air spring you shoud consider geting one.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 15:59 Quote
Reds4biturbo wrote:

The Charger upgrade from MoCo is life changing with or without the air spring upgrade. The Debonair spring kit is cheap and really good, as is the Smashpot spring kit if you want to go that way. All of which are great upgrades.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 18:30 Quote
Thanks, guys for the advice! I don't have the Debonair spring. I thought it wasn't compatible with my fork? My Lyrik is a 2015 or an early 2016 model. This is the exact fork I have here Does the charger 2 upgrade work with my fork also?

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 19:34 Quote
Reds4biturbo wrote:
Thanks, guys for the advice! I don't have the Debonair spring. I thought it wasn't compatible with my fork? My Lyrik is a 2015 or an early 2016 model. This is the exact fork I have here Does the charger 2 upgrade work with my fork also?

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 5:29 Quote
Correct, your A1 gen lyriks are not debonair compatible.
Upgrade the damper and you should be ready to rip, an RCT3 out of a non boost pike would be the ticket

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 6:25 Quote
I messed with shim stack in the RC2DH 26" lyrik, that and fork seals took that thing to another level.

Shims had some two stage arrangement, I made it a pyramid.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
el-booto wrote:
Upgrade the damper and you should be ready to rip, an RCT3 out of a non boost pike would be the ticket

Would this fit my lyrik? Note my lyrik is the 26" version with 170mm of travel.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 6:31 Quote
skerby wrote:
I messed with shim stack in the RC2DH 26" lyrik, that and fork seals took that thing to another level.

Shims had some two stage arrangement, I made it a pyramid.

I did change out the seals to pike seals and it made a big difference. I have no knowledge of shimming and would be afraid I would mess it up Confused

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
It's pretty easy on this fork. You basically just remove the damper top cap and the whole compression unit comes with it, The base valve piston(idk if this is right word) is at the bottom and the shims are just above it.

You gotta get that piston off, and it is TIGHT! I thought I was gonna break the whole comp unit, but it ended up loosening with heat and patience.

This was like 5 years ago now and the fork is out of service. I wouldn't mess with it unless I was sure I wanted a more HSC support.

Changing the oil is easy though, I switched to 15W after the seal change and it was improvement. The old seals added a lot of drag which acts like low speed damping in both compression and rebound.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 13:12 Quote
Reds4biturbo wrote:
el-booto wrote:

Would this fit my lyrik? Note my lyrik is the 26" version with 170mm of travel.

The damper is likely too long, but you can always ask the seller for the length of the upper section (from the flange on the topcap to the bottom of the rebound sealhead) and see if there's enough stanchion to cover it.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 12:00 Quote
hi guys , does anyone know how to service the misson control dh damper ? beause mine doesnt seem to have anny affect in my fork performance

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008600
Mobile Version of Website